11 - I Think I Love You

March 14, 2016

It's Saturday. Graduation has finally come and I cannot be any more excited. Not only will I not be seeing Darren around anymore, but I'll finally have more time to work and this'll be another milestone that I have surpassed. I'm still anxious about the commotion the group might make, but over the past week, I've begun to 'tolerate' their mischief.

Actually, since the comfortable night I spent with Soryu after the beach, I've gotten much friendlier with everyone. Even the Ice Dragons and they seem to idolize me, which is very off putting because I'm no where near as important as Soryu, or any of them as a matter of fact. I am prohibited to be alone, so I'm either at the Ice Dragon' HQ waiting for Soryu and Mei Ling to be finished with the marriage meetings, at my studio working, or the penthouse under the supervision of any combination of the penthouse guests available. That is only on my days off. I'd returned to work two days ago when my bruise was close to gone and I was promoted to penthouse maid, to much of Erika's dismay.

Speaking of Eisuke, he has been much more chatty and sleuth-like around me. He also started to be a bit kinder to me. I'm unsure why, but it makes me feel more comfortable in my current position.

I think the worst, yet best thing of all is my complicated relationship with Soryu. We've become much more friendlier with each other, and I've finally accepted that I might have feelings for him. Just might. Ota and Baba have picked up on this, because they always give me advice on how to be friendly with Soryu or tell me about him. Sure, it's a pain to have them call me out in front of Soryu to get his undivided attention, but I think it's worth it in the long run due to the two of us being more open and trusting with each other. I do have reservations about his connection to the mob, though.

I'm wearing a black lace cheongsam that Mei Ling bought me as a graduation present. She also conspired with Baba and Ota, claiming that Soryu is secretly turned on by cheongsams. I decided not to argue their claim, but I'm secretly hoping that he'll at least think it looks decent on me. Kamui is run by westerners, so the ceremony will be a bit more different that how it usually is in Japan. That goes for the dress code too.

"Mei, why did you cut your hair so short?" Ota whines as he fiddles with my hair.

"You don't have to do my hair if you don't want to. I'm capable of doing it myself."

"What are you going to do with it?"

"Probably just tease it."

"That's not good enough! Soryu has to fall in love you."

"Oh my god Ota. Stop with the Soryu thing. I don't have feelings for him- ow!"

"Sorry, the pin slipped." He flashes his fake smile."There. I'm finished. Put your heels on and don't forget your cap and gown. I'm going to go get tickets for the others. Go be a valedictorian or whatever."

"Thanks Ota. Try not to embarrass me?"

"No promises. Good luck, Mei." He pats my back and leaves the dressing room.

"Wait! I almost forgot! I need you to sign this." He returns and pulls a folded sheet of paper out.

"What is it?" I eye the small font.

"You don't have to read it, but it's a confidentiality contract stating that you won't say anything regarding what you've seen and experienced in the past week."