40 - Yuuna & Kiyoshi

Content Warning:
Strong Language, Violence

December 29th, 2017

The Day Mei and Satoshi Died

Mei's P.O.V.

"Hello, Mrs. Oh." Fudo Oichi, leader of the Flaming Hounds, stands at my door with two other men. "May I come in?"

I feel the blood that overtook my face go cold and drop my hands to my sides.

"O-of course." I try my best to smile.

He's going to kill me. He's going to hurt my baby, or take him from me, or torture him. I don't know, but this is the end. He's going to kill us.

Horrible thoughts rush through my mind as I step aside and allow for Fudo, and three of his body guards to pass into the living room.

"What a cozy home. Must have been very nice to live in such a calm place." He smiles and snaps his fingers. "Meanwhile your husband is sending his little Dragons to mutilate my poor men."

Two men grab me by my arms and force me on my knees. I tremble out of fear and my eyes burn from the heat caused by my crying. I drop my head and hide my face.

"You, search for the baby." He snaps and I beg him.

"Please don't hurt him! Ah!" I yell, being met with a brutal yank of my head backwards.

"Be gentle, men." Fudo raises his hand. "Ah, there he is." He takes Satoshi and strokes his head.

"Reminds me of my daughter. She'll be three in a couple of months. It's a shame the two couldn't have had a play date."

"Please!" I wail, Fudo pushing a tear away from my cheek.

"It's okay, Mei. I'm not here to hurt you. Don't be such a baby in front of your son. It's his birthday today, right?" Satoshi begins to wake slowly from his slumber.

"Y-yes." I lie.

"Well, I did think of having some fun to show Soryu, then dump your bodies at Ice Dragon Headquarters, but I'll gift him what a child needs most. A mother." He snaps again so then men release me onto the floor.

"Satoshi!" I take him from Fudo and struggle to hold him in my weak, trembling arms.

"Calm down, or you'll really wake him up." He walks off.

I hold Satoshi close to my body and press my lips into his cheek, never separating from him. A Flaming Hound kicks my back and orders me to follow Fudo. I search the house to find him sitting on the edge of the patio out of the tatami room.

"Join me." He pats next to himself and leans back on his arms, his feet swinging.

A moment passes as the two of us sit in silence and I try to rock Satoshi back to sleep.

"You're probably wondering why I came." He breaks our silence. "At first, I thought I would record some videos for Soryu, but I wouldn't partake. My men would, for I'm newly married and would like to remain faithful. Then I planned on playing with the baby during your final moments. But the one thing I was unsure about was when to kill him. Would the knowledge of your son being dead be great enough to kill you, or dying without knowing what will be of him be worse. And as if by holy intervention, I suddenly remembered his birthday is today, and I thought I couldn't kill him on his birthday! Consequentially, his gift from me will be the salvation of his mother." He grins. "Aren't you thankful?" He asks.

"Very much so." I force a smile

"Have him thank me when he's older." He pats my back.

"I-If you don't mind me asking, what are you still doing here? If you aren't going to kill us." I gather courage to ask.