19 - Honest Talks

T.W: Violence, Abuse, S.A.

"The tea's ready!" I call out for Soryu.

"Do you want to drink it in the bedroom? We can watch tv while we're at it." Soryu leans against the bedroom door frame.

"Okay."

I pick up the tray and carefully make my way to the bed. I set it down on the night stand while Soryu turns off the lights and powers on the plasma screen tv mounted on the wall opposite of the bed. He sits on his side and motions for me to climb up next to him. I hand him his mug and begin to sip on my own.

"Why don't you get closer?" He moves his arm back and I snuggle up to his side.

"Is this okay?"

"It's just fine. We're married, you know." He smiles and kisses my forehead.

"Yeah, I guess I forgot, hehe. So what are we watching?"

"I don't care, do you wanna just flip through and see what's on?" He holds out the control.

"You look for something. I trust your taste."

"Oh, have you seen this?" He stops channel surfing and puts the volume up a bit.

"Akira Monoyaki: Yakuza Dreams. Is this the sequel to that detective movie, AMD?"

"Yup. Want me to leave it on?"

"Sure."

The beginning of the movie is fairly slow, and I end up drinking all of my tea in such a short amount of time. I put my mug on the tray and Soryu hands me his.

"You finished yours too?" I ask.

"Yeah, I forgot how boring the beginning is. The whole movie isn't horrible, but it just doesn't compare to the original. The two movies are directed by people that are polar opposites, so the second director might have wanted to change everything so that the sequel is incomparable to the first. What?" Soryu looks at me when I chuckle.

"You're so invested in the topic. It's cute." I brush his bangs away from his face. "You look so gentle with your hair down. Not that it's bad or anything. You usually look intimidating, but I'm not frightened by your appearance."

"I noticed that when we first met. You were so friendly and determined on getting me to speak."

"You made it so hard to keep the conversation going, I was afraid that I was being a pest."

"You never are." He smiles and squeezes my hand.

"Oh, I almost forgot to ask you. Did you lie to Mamoru back there? You seemed perfectly fine after the shot." Soryu asks.

"Ha, yeah. He was complaining about it not ending so I decided to."

"So if you didn't stop it, who do you think might have lost?"

"I think we might have died."

"Maybe." He laughs.

"Might I say, though, that you were a worthy opponent, Soryu. How did you learn to keep the alcohol down?"

"There have been plenty of gatherings and events with the Ice Dragons. If my cup is empty, they'll just refill it. It's been so long that I'm practically immune to it."