13 - Mrs. Oh

"Welcome, Boss. It's a pleasure to have you back." Two men bow deeply to Soryu as the two of us walk into the Ice Dragon's main HQ.

"Thank you. It's great to be back. Is everything ready?"

"Yes, sir. We will being to gather everyone at the hall."

"Good. Is Shen Hao present, or has he not arrived yet?"

"He is here."

"Take me to him."

"Yes, sir."

The two men take us to this 'Shen Hao' man through a series of twists and turns and a short ride on the elevator. Soryu begins to whisper to me as we make our way to Shen.

"Mei, you look beautiful." He smiles at me.

"Thank you. It's weird having so many cheongsams in my wardrobe. Baba, Ota, and Mei Ling bought me a few." I scratch my head.

I tried to wear something else, but Mei Ling thought that it made me look dull, so she gave me a silk cheongsam with clusters of silver blossoms on it. She still believes that cheongsams are a turn on for Soryu, which makes me believe that they just want me to wear them all the time so Soryu keeps me in his interests.

"Are you comfortable speaking only Cantonese while we're here? We will have to speak to each other like that too."

"I'm fine. I'm fluent, but I can use more practice."

"Good. Are you nervous?"

"I'm really nervous about the Dragons not accepting me. I don't want to be a burden to them." My shoulders slump.

"Don't worry. They'll love you." He takes my hand in his and squeezes it.

"Thanks." I smile.

"Mr. Oh, we are here." We all stop at a door labeled with Shen's name.

"Thank you. You are dismissed." The two men bow and leave.

"Ready, Mei?"

"Wait. Who is this man?"

"Shen Hao is the second in charge of the Ice Dragons. So to say, he's sort of the prime minister to the emperor. Or a vice president. Anyways, it is very important that you make a good impression on him, because that sort of foreshadows whether you'll be approved by the mafia as a whole."

"Wow, okay. I'll try." I smile sheepishly and shrug.

"I'll be right next to you. I'm here with you." Soryu knocks on the door.

"Come in!"

"Soryu! How's it been? It has surely been sometime since you've been here." A middle aged Chinese man stands and hugs Soryu when he walks over to us in his massive office.

"I've been fine, Shen. How are you? No one has caused any trouble here, so I assume you have been doing a great job." Soryu smiles.

"The best I can." The two laugh. "Is this..?"

"Mei Ryugazaki. It's a pleasure to meet you." I bow to him.