Chapter 7: Little One's Big Day

Megan Smith ^^

Isabella woke up by feeling the warm rays of sun peeking through her window curtains. It was Monday again after a very bored yet lazy Sunday. She took a warm shower and quickly got dressed in her purple colored blouse and brown pencil skirt and paired it with her brown pumps. She tied up her hair in a neat bun with the minimal amount of makeup. She took her bag and went downstairs. It had been a month since that art exhibition. She got her first paycheck and bought some essential things for the home.

"Good Morning" Megan greeted to Isabella who walked down the stairs

"Good Morning" Isabella replied while grabbing an apple from the fridge
"Meg, I gotta go. I'm getting late for work. Make sure to lock the main door after you leave for school" Isabella said while walking towards the door but was stopped by Megan's voice

"I wonder what it is today" Megan said, pretending to think

Isabella clearly remembered what it was today, it was Megan's birthday and she was planning a surprise birthday dinner for her little sister as Megan hadn't celebrated her previous two birthdays.

"I can't remember" Isabella said

"You can't?" Megan exclaimed

"Oh yeah, today is a very important meeting at the office, how could I forget that" Isabella said and quickly went out, shutting the main door behind her. She grabbed a cup of coffee for Seth from the coffee shop near the building. Soon she was inside Anderson&Co. She greeted Ellie on her way to her office.

"Bella" Ellie called

"Yeah?" Isabella asked, turning around

"Be careful, Mr. Anderson seems to be in a very bad mood today, he already fired four employees" Ellie said causing Isabella's eyes to be widened.

"Okay, I'll be careful. Bye" Isabella said while walking towards the elevator

Isabella knocked on the door of her boss' office, earning a deep 'come in' she entered the office, holding his cup of coffee in her hand.

"You are 26 seconds late, Miss Smith" Seth said, not even sparing her a glance.

"Um-sorry sir, it won't happen again" Isabella said, looking down

"Your sorry won't bring back those 26 seconds" Seth said
What an arrogant ass Isabella thought "Anyways, go and collect a blue colored file from Mr. Martin you would find him in the Management department on 9th floor"

"Okay, Sir" Isabella said and quickly went towards the elevator after leaving his office. She pressed number 9 and after a few minutes, the elevator's doors opened and Isabella got out of the lift and saw a brown door in front of her with a name plate of John Martin. She knocked on the door and heard a quick 'come in' and quickly entered the office. John Martin's office was quite spacious but not as spacious as Seth's. She saw a very attractive man sitting on a brown chair, wearing brown glasses and typing something on his computer.

He is very attractive and handsome, Isabella thought

But not as attractive as Seth, her conscience said

She shook away all the thoughts and cleared her throat to get John Martin's attention. He finally looked up.

"I'm Isabella Smith, Mr. Anderson's assistant. He told me to collect a blue colored file from you" Isabella said politely

"Oh yes, wait for a moment, Miss Smith" John said with a thick and swooning British accent
"Here" He said handing Isabella the file

"Thank you, Mr. Martin" Isabella said and walked out of the office