Chapter 17: Wedding Rush

Seth was busy doing his work when the door of his office burst open and his father walked in. Seth wasn't expecting his father to be there because he rarely visited the company as he was retired.

"Dad" Seth greeted and Santiago sat down on the chair which was in front of his son.

"Seth, how are you?" Santiago asked

"I'm good, why are you asking?" Seth asked

"Can't I just check on my son?" Santiago said as he flipped the pages of the magazine which was on the table.

"Of course you can" Seth said. He loved his father dearly, he was the most awesome person in this world according to him. He was his hero since he was a little boy.

"Your mom is nagging me about getting you married" Santiago said and Seth choked on his coffee.

"Woah Dad! You both know I don't want to get married now" He said

"But eventually you'll have to" Santiago said

"Yeah but not now" He said

"Look Seth, what happened in the past doesn't have to do anything with you getting married but still you have to get over it. You can't just shut out everyone from your life just because of something that wasn't your fault you have to move on in your life. You'll be soon twenty seven think about it son" Santiago said as he left the office. The talk brought back many memories and painful ones which Seth was trying to get over with but he couldn't.

He ran a hand through his hair in attempt to calm himself down but it was no avail. Her screams were echoing in his ears and he couldn't fight back the tears which were rushing out of his eyes. His phone rang and he wiped them off and picked up the phone.

"Hello" He said

"Sir, I wouldn't be able to make it to the office today, Jessica isn't letting me come" Isabella's smooth voice ran through his phone.

"And why is that?" He asked in a calm tone

"Sir, It's her wedding tomorrow and she thinks there are more preparations to do than it is done already" She said and he chuckled. Right, it was Jessica and Kevin's wedding tomorrow.

"It's okay, you can take the day off" He said causing Isabella to grin on the other side

"Thank you so much, Sir" Isabella said and hung up the phone.

Seth didn't know how but somehow Isabella's voice soothed him. He shook his head to clear all the thoughts and continued his work.

"Jess, for God's sake, stop rambling" Isabella said

"I'm not rambling" Jessica complained

"Sure" Isabella said. Jessica was going on and on about how nervous she was about the wedding and when Isabella would try to console her, she would glare at her. Seriously, she had more moodswings than a pregnant woman.

Wait.

Pregnant.

"Jess, are you um, pregnant?" Isabella asked

"How do you know?" Jessica asked

"I just guessed, that means you are!" Isabella exclaimed jumping up and down

"Um yeah" Jessica said as her cheeks turned a faint pink color.

"How long?" Isabella asked as she sat down beside Jessica on the couch

"Um, a month" She said

"Does Kevin know about it?" Isabella asked

"Yeah" Jessica said as Isabella grinned and they both continued their work.