Chapter 1

Okay I'm attempting to write a fanfic I hope this goes okay.. :)

-------------------------------------------------

Victoria's P.O.V.

I got home from another bad day of school, at least it's almost the end of the year. I twirl my hair around my fingers while I checked my phone. I have two texts and a missed call. A text from my boyfriend, Tyler. And the other text and missed call from Luke, my best friend. I decide to call Luke back first. After a few rings he picks up.

"Hey Vic!" His voice rang through the speaker.

"Hey Lukey." I smirk to myself knowing he hates when I call him that.

He groans, "Vic..."

"I know, I know." I cut in knowing he was going to complain, "Why'd you call?"

"Are we still hanging out? And will you help me with my homework, please?" He asks.

"Of course, why not? But why'd you call? You could've texted." I laugh, shaking my head at him, even though he can't see me. 

"Well you didn't answer my text so I called, and you also didn't answer that." He explains. "I really need help with my homework, so are you free or not?" 

"Come over whenever you like." I tell him with a small laugh, "You let yourself in half the time anyways."

Soon after, there's a knock at the door, but I figure it can't be Luke because he'd let himself in. He lives just down the street, so I figured he would would get here this quick, but again, he usually just walks right in as if he lives here. 

"Hold on one second, Luke." I say through the phone as I run downstairs to answer the door.

I open the door and laugh. Luke's standing in the doorway smiling like an idiot.

"I'm here!" He says into the phone. "I knew I'd be able to come over whenever."

Giggling, I end the call. He steps inside and pushes by me and runs up to my room. I roll my eyes and follow him up the stairs.

When I walk into my room and he's sitting on my bed going through my school work I have spread out across it.

"So when you asked for help with the homework, you meant can I copy your homework?" I asked.

"Come on Vicky you should know me by now." He smiles.

"True." I nod. He never does his own work, I always end up doing it.

He copied my homework while I texted Tyler back. I was so focused on my text conversation with Tyler I didn't realise that Luke had finished and was sitting on my bed staring at me.

"What?" I question.

"Who you texting?" He sing-songs.

"Tyler." I smile.

He seems to tense up at the mention of his name but I don't say anything about it. I mean, he doesn't really like Tyler or the fact I'm dating him.

We try not to talk about Tyler often, it's caused fights between us in the past. The two just don't get along at all. I get it, Luke is protective of me, since we've been best friends for so long. It would just be nice if we could be civil when it comes to Tyler, but it seems we can't.

"Don't you have band practice tonight?" I question, hoping to change the subject.

"I don't even know." He sighs, falling back onto the bed.