Chapter 35

Victoria's P.O.V.

I wake up early for the first day back to school. I don't think I could ever be ready to go back there, I'm so nervous.

I had spoke to Luke last night and he had wished me luck today.

Quickly, I get ready and head off, I want to be a bit earlier for the first day.

Once I was given my schedule and my locker I headed to class.

When I got there, there was only one girl in the back of the class who I've never seen around before.

I take a seat and a few more people come into the class.

"Victoria? Can I ask you something?" My teacher calls.

I looked up and nodded, getting up and walked up to her desk.

"Yes?" I question. I don't want to already somehow be in trouble.

"I don't know if you noticed the new student, I was wondering if you could show her around the school for the first few days or something?" She asks.

"Yea, sure." I reply.

"Alright, her name is Jessica. She's quite nervous about how it's the first day and a new school. Thanks for doing this." She smiled.

I smile back, "It's not a problem."

I go and grab my stuff, and move my seat next to Jessica.

"Hey, I was asked to show you around today, I'm Victoria." I say introducing myself. "Oh but you can call me Vic, or Vicky."

"Hi," She says quietly, "I'm Jessica."

"Have you liked it here so far?" I ask, "From what you've seen?" 

She nods in response and doesn't say anything more.

The bell rings and the rest of the class comes piling in.

Here we go, last year of high school.

-

I discovered Jessica and I have the same schedule up until after lunch.

The bell rang signalling it was time for lunch. I walked to my locker and notice Jessica's locker is a few down from mine.

I throw my books into my locker and go over to Jessica.

"Hey, want to come to the cafeteria with me?" I ask.

"Yea, if you don't mind." She says.

She closes her locker and follows me to the cafeteria.

We sit at a table and a smile at her.

"I don't want to sound rude, but do you have a group of friends that sit with you?" She asks.

"Usually there would be, but they won't be here for another month. I'm kinda alone right now." I tell her, a little offended by her comment.

"What? Why not?" She asks.

"They're on tour right now." I reply.

"On tour?" She questions.

She seems quite confused.

"Have you ever heard of 5 Seconds of Summer?" I ask and she nods, "Them. Well, not all- whatever." 

"You're friends with them?!" She exclaims.

"Yea why?" I ask.

"Wow, just- yeah. I've heard of them. Anyways." She says, getting off the topic. 

"Why don't you tell me about yourself?" I say.

"Alright, so I'm Jessica, I go by Jess most of the time. I moved last month to around here with my mum, younger sister and my older brother. I obviously don't know anybody here. There's nothing else really. That's about it I think." She smiles, letting out a deep breath,  "Wow I'm surprised I managed to say all of that."

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"Well I have anxiety so I usually don't talk much when I'm nervous because I will feel like puking." She explains.

"Oh- well-"

"Shit, I hope I didn't make you uncomfortable. I'm pretty open about it, and it sometimes stresses people out." She nervously laughs.

She must be comfortable with me to be telling me this. I'm glad, I obviously need to make more friends since I'm alone for the next month. "Oh, no, of course not!"

"Well what about you?" She asked.

"Well, I live with my parents, my brother left for college across the country two years ago. My really close friends are all in a band and gone, and I also happen to be dating Luke from that band." I tell her.

"You're dating him?" She says staring at me wide eyed.

"Don't say anything anywhere because we still haven't confirmed anything." I ask.

"Of course. I wouldn't do anything like that to a friend." She smiles.

The bell rings telling us to head back to class and everybody shoves out of the cafeteria.

When school finished I said goodbye to Jess, and she gave me her number so we could text.

I waked home and when I got there I texted Jessica, and we called each other. We were on the phone for quite a while. After our call, I did some work I already had to do for school and fell asleep right away.

~~

Luke's P.O.V.

I sat on the bus after the show in the back lounge while the guys were in their bunks.

I had my guitar and I was quietly strumming.

"She sleeps alone, my heart wants to come home, I wish I was, I wish I was, beside you." I softly sing until I look up and notice I tired looking Calum standing next to me.

"Hey. Sorry if I woke you I didn't mean to." I apologize.

"It's fine. What's on your mind?" He asks sitting next to me.

"Vic." I mumble, not wanting to annoy Calum by always talking about my girlfriend.

"Obviously, what about her, did something happen?" He says.

"Well she was supposed to call me when she got back from school, but here we are and it's midnight and I haven't even gotten a text." I tell him.

"You're over thinking Luke. Just get some sleep. I'm positive she'll call tomorrow." He says standing up.

I nod and he walks off to go back to sleep.

I put my guitar away and head to my bunk, trying my best to fall asleep.

----------------------------------------

Hiii

I decided on a double update since school is starting so I won't be able to write often sorry guyyss.. 

Hope you liked it :) 

Vote and Comment?

(hey its me again. the fact there's a lot of old comments coming at jess for talking about her anxiety kinda makes me feel like shit,.,,, when I meet new people I tell them straight up that I struggle with severe anxiety, because some people can't handle it. y'all saying "uhhh wtf" is kinda like..,. ouch. people have their reasons for things. I personally don't like when people talk about my mental illness behind my back so I announce it in the open and own it. so yeah, y'all are attacking jessica but lowkey attacking me at the same time. lol thanks.)