Chapter 4: I've Popped A Snow Persons Cherry

____________

Life is a precious gift. Don't waste it being unhappy, dissatisfied, or anything else you can be.

~Anonymous
____________

Chapter 4: I've Popped A Snow Persons Cherry

My door creaked open ever so slowly. But I paid no attention to it. So in response I turned on my side and faced the wall, tugging my comforter over my shoulder. My room gets like below zero in the morning.

It was silent until my floor groaned under someone's weight. My eyes opened slightly. I could feel someone in my room. I just didn't know who and where they stood. by the sound of the groan it sounded close. All I knew was that the person was heavy and they were standing still.

I pretended like I was still sleeping, keeping a steady rhythmic in my breathing. There was two light thuds against my carpet.

Whoever they were they planned on getting in the bed with me. This wasn't ok. Getting in bed with me was a no no.

I could hear the person heavy breathing. It was barely audible over the thumping sound of my heart. I closed my eyes and prayed that it wasn't a rapist. My bed dipped under the persons weight.

I really wished I had mr. Sniggles he was a good guard rabbit. May he rest in paradise.

"♪And they were dancing and singing
And movin' to the groovin'
And just when it hit me
Somebody turned around and shouted♪" the person behind me started singing.

A smile spread across my face. I turned to face my brother.

"♪Play that funky music, white boy
Play that funky music right
Play that funky music, white boy♪" he at me as I sang. 

"♪Lay down the boogie and play that funky music 'til you die, 'til
you die, yeah-ah♪" we sang the last part together, while sitting up.

When it was over we both broke out into laughter. When we were little, since he was older than me his words made more sense, we would sing that song and everyone thought it was adorable. So whenever one of us is sleep and the other one was up we'd wake the other up by singing the song. Just something we did to keep our bond.

I hugged him tightly and he returned the grip.

"I missed you Rick." I mumbled into his chest.

"Missed you too Hail." He kissed the top of my head and stroked my hair.

We staid like that for a few minutes. Mostly because I didn't want to let go of my brother, that and he smelled like apple pie.

Why does everyone smell like pie!!

When I let him go he looked like something was bothering him.

"What's wrong?" I scrunched my eyebrows.

He bit down on his bottom lip. A habit we both had when we didn't know how to say something.

"I may or may not have flunked all my classes." He blurted out.

My eyes widened and my jaw slacked open. I stared at him in shock.

Did he just- he didn't just- I know he didn't- he what now?

"You flunked all your classes?" I blinked twice at him.

He nodded his head and bit down on his bottom lip. I would be lying i said my brother didn't look adorable. He looked like a little kid before they started crying, sorta. But I knew he wouldn't start crying cause he's a man. He just felt as if he let our parents down and his face showed it.

"How?" I crossed my legs and put my hands in my lap.

He mimicked my position.

"They're so boring so I just stop doing the work and showing up to class." He shrugged.

"So what have you been doing for the past 5 months?"

"I got a internship sorta." He smiled.

"And what does this 'internship' do?" I put quotations around internship.

"Photography." His smile got bigger.

"Photography?" I said in disbelief. He nodded my head. "Why photography? What happened to being a politician?" I wasn't trying to get him to be one it's his choice it was just that I needed answers.

"Being a politician is what dad wanted me to be. Over the 5 months I've been talking to Amelia. You know how she's pursing her dream as a dancer?" I nodded my head, wondering where he was going with this. "Well she asked me was I happy with my choices, did I like what was doing? My answer was obviously no. She told me to follow my dream. I've never told anyone not even her. I always wanted to be a photographer." He smiled and held my hand. "Landscapes, paintings, models, scenery, models." He moved his hand across in front of us as if showing me all the possibilities.

"You said models twice." I laughed.

"I know." He looked at me with a smirk.

"So what are you gonna do?" I placed my hand on my hips.

"Well I was gonna change my major and hopefully come back home. I miss you guys to much. The big apple is amazing but it's not home." He smiled.

"Whatever you decided to do I'm on board." I smiled and hugged him.

"I know you would be." He hugged me back. "Just promise me you won't tell mom and dad just yet. I have it all planed out." He whispered.

"Your secrets safe with me." I whispered back.

We pulled a part.

"Now what is it I'm hearing, Christians back?" He quirked up an eyebrow.

"Yes he is and he's staying so I'm praying that you'll come home and stay home." I frowned.

"I'm gonna have to stay home now. I got some unfinished business with that kid." He cracked his knuckles. "Nothing can stop me now cause he's a man." A sly smirk spread across his face.

"What are you gonna do?" I laughed.

If I know my brother correctly, which I do, he isn't one for violence. He's the peace maker. He rather sit down and talk before fist starts flying. Unless its Christian he'll skip the talking and punching him straight in the face. He did once when Christian broke my nose on 'accident' I was being goalie in soccer Christian kicked the ball hard and it broke my nose. When Patrick found out he gave him one to match. So we both walked around with broken noses.

"I'm gonna show him it feels to be tormented starting today my plan already went into action, with a little help from Ame if course." He chuckled.

"What did you do?" I laughed slightly.

"Lets just say when he opens his door milk won't be the only thing that falls in his head." A devilish glint flashed through his eyes.

"What's in the bucket Patrick?" I smiled.

"Milk, eggs, egg shells, flour, seaweed-" he started listing them off on his fingers.

"Seaweed?" I laughed.

"Seaweed." He chuckled. "Orange peels, banana peels, chicken guts, a few worms, baby powder, and to top it all off we added five cans of sardines." He smiled.

"The ultimate slop." I have him a high five.

"You're so welcome little sister." He gave my hand a light squeeze.

Right then his phone chimed. He pulled it out and opened his text message. He burst into laughter.

"What?" I took his phone.

And the slop falls -Amelia

Then there was a picture of Christian with milk running down his face, seaweed on his shoulders and just about everything else on his head. I couldn't help but burst into laughter as well.

We sat there laughing for 20 minutes. When we thought it died down we'd look at the picture and just laugh all over again. I laughed so hard tears spilled over my eyelids. I haven't laughed like that in ages.

"I thought I'd go an take you Christmas shopping." Rick finally spoke up after an hour of comfortable silence and staring at the patterns on my ceiling.

"I do my shopping alone sorry." I looked at him.

"I didn't say together, I just said take you to the mall." He sat up. "Lets go." He pulled me out the bed.

I struggled and wiggled as he pulled me. I fell on the bed with a loud thud.

"Ow my butt!!" I wailed.

"Get up and put in something warm." He gripped my arm and pulled up.

"I am I am." I rubbed. "You better hope its not bruised." I walked into my bathroom.

I was burning up in this hoodie, winter vest, scarf, gloves, hat, sweatpants and snow boots. I was ready to get outside but mom and dad needed to talk to Rick.

"Rick come on I'm gonna die of heat stroke!!" I yelled and stuffed my hands in my pockets.

"I told you could've went out side twenty minutes ago." He yelled back.

What?!

Well if that's the case! I'm going outside!

I unlocked and opened he front door. When I stepped outside I instantly started to cool off. I sunk down on to the porch and let the coldness seep in.

"Hey blue!!" He called out.

Don't look. Don't look. Don't look. Don't loo-

Snow had hit me right in the neck. It was hard for me to not look. He was wearing a long sleeved plaid button up, winter vest, a polo hat, blue jeans and some timberland boots. He looked like the poster boy for lumberjack weekly. I'd be lying if I said he didn't look hot.

What really threw me off was the snow man next to him. He waved me over and I reluctantly got up and walked over to him.

That's when I noticed the tall blonde air head aka known as chichi. She was wearing a long white sleeve shirt a pink winter vest hoodie. Light blue jeans and white winter boots with a wedge. She had on pink fuzzy ear muffs.

I looked at their snowman. I looked at him with a questioning look.

"What?" He chuckled and flexed fingers.

That's when I noticed he was wearing the mittens that you could turn into the cut off gloves. Now that was hot.

eww no Christian Romeo Reid is not hot!! never have been never will be. 

"Your snowman is missing its nose." I jabbed my thumb towards the snowman.

"Oh!" Chichi giggled and hopped over to the snowman. She placed a cherry on it for a nose.

"A cherry? Why not a carrot?"

"Because he has a cherry red nose duh!" She laughed.

I hated her laugh. It was to cheery and bubbly for me. I see why she was runner up for head cheerleader. I made a mistake not making her head cheerleader.

"Chichi can you go him some arms from that tree over there?" He pointed to tree far out of ear shot.

"Sure!" She chirped and skipped over to her.

"Ok what's really up with the cherry?" I crossed my arms.

"Oh you know me so well." He walked over to the snowman and flicked the cherry off. "Now I can say I popped a snow persons cherry." He winked at me.

He bent down to retrieve the cherry and I took the time to gag.

"So where are you off to today blue?" He placed it back where chichi had it.

"Christmas shopping with Rick." I pulled on my hat.

"Do I get anything this year?" He smiled and fixed his gloves/mittens.

"Do you ever?" I rolled my eyes.

"No but I was hoping we'd start off to a fresh start. I'm gonna get you something." He leaned on the snowman.

"I don't want anything from you." I watched as the snowman started tilting.

"Well since our families are spending Christmas together I thought it'll be the right thing to do since-" the snowman collapsed and crushed under his weight and he fell into the huge pile of snow.

I didn't mean to but I couldn't stop myself from laughing. He had snow all over him. He looked up at me.

"You think this is funny?" He smirked.

I nodded my head and kept laughing. He wrapped his big hand around my small wrist and pulled me down into the snow pile. I was half on him and half in the snow.

"Is it funny now?" He slipped his hands under my vest and started tickling me.

I laughed uncontrollably. My body wasn't used to this much laughter in one day. I ignored the fact I was now wet and focused on the tight clinching of my stomach. I needed to breath or I would die. I tried wiggling away from him but that only resulted in us falling off the pile.

"Stop! It's not funny!! It's not funny!!" I laughed out.

He stopped tickling me but kept his hands under my vest. Considering the amounts of snow that had gotten under it, it was still warm.

"Will you buy me a Christmas present?" He asked slightly out of breath.

Why was he out if breath? I was the one who was assaulted by fingers!!!

"No!" I huffed and slowly made my way from him.

He pulled me back and started tickling me. My stomach hurt to much to laugh again.

"Ok ok just make it stop!" I whined and curled up slightly.

"That's all i ask." He stopped but didn't move his hands.

"Chichi's gonna be pissed." He breathed heavily against my neck.

I felt goose bumps prickle up in my skin. I laid there trying to catch my breath. I actually felt kind of sleepy but his thumb rubbing against my stomach was distracting.

"I know it was Rick who put the bucket above my door. Just know I'm gonna get him back." He whispered making the hairs on the back of my neck stand up.

I knew he wouldn't let Rick get away with it. The guy ruined his hair for Pete's sake. From what I could tell the guy was still obsessed with his hair.

Who is Pete anyway? Why do we say for Pete's sake? I have to google it when I get home.

He chuckled and that brought me back to my senses.

"I-I have to go." I pushed away his hands and stood up.

The cold air ambushed me and I couldn't wait to get into ricks escalade.

"Might wanna go home, I don't wanr Rick thinking I did something to you." He stood up and dusted off the snow.

"You might wanna check on chichi. You sent her for sticks 10 minutes ago." I did the same.

"Yeah it doesn't take that long." He shook his head.

We headed off in our separate directions. When I reached the house Rick came outside.

"What happened to you?" He raised and eyebrow at me and closed the door behind him.

"I uh fell in snow." I shrugged my shoulders. "Then made snow angels."

"Where are your snow angels?" He crossed his harms and chuckled.

"I buried them. May them rest in peace up in snow heaven." I bowed my head.

He laughed and walked down the porch steps.

"Lets go." He took out his keys and unlocked his car doors.

I quickly walked to his car and got inside.

______________

Austin Butler as Patrick Whitman. What do you think Christian and Hailey's presents to each other should be?

~Dejah