Chapter 9: Just A Cheesy Romantic Date

____________

Is life worth living? This is a question for an embryo not for a man. -Samuel Butler

____________

Chapter 9: Just A Cheesy Romantic Date

"Thanks for ditching us for tall, tan and sexy." Delilah walked in the room complaining.

"I said I was sorry gosh." I sat up and my shirt fell off my shoulder.

"What the hell?!" Court shouted.

"Shhh!!" I tossed my pillow at her. "Stop being so loud!!" I hissed.

"When did you get that?" She pointed to my shoulder.

"New years, did you but the stuff?" I reached for the bag.

"You have another one?!" The gripped my wrist.

"And one on my ankle, my ear cartilage pierced and my belly button pierced anymore you want to know about." I snatched the bag from them.

I really needed my favorite ice cream to get my mind off of things. The tattoos, the piercings, the tension between be and Christian this morning. The fact he tried to kiss me and this huge headache i had for the past 2 days.

"What else did you do with tall, tan and sexy?" They plopped down on the bed and handed me the bag.

"I don't remember." I took the tub of chocolate brownie chunk ice cream and big spoon out the bag.

"Well maybe this will ring a bell. Want to explain why two teens were spotted coming out of our old middle school New Years morning?" Deli flipped her hair over her shoulder.

"No comment?" I shoved the ice cream in my mouth.

"What were you two doing there?" Court asked sounding curious.

"I don't know, all I remember it waking up in Mrs. Thompson's classroom with tattoos and piercings I didn't know how I got them. I spent the last two days puking up my insides and you're worried about what me and Christian did while we were drunk. If you want to know if we had sex we didn't. Even in my drunken state I'm not that stupid." I licked the spoon since shoving it into my mouth was no longer an option.

"We weren't wondering that but thanks for the info. We're just glad you're alive. Drunk driving in a serious issue. You guys could've been killed." Delilah said worriedly.

"Thanks for your concern Deli but I'm fine." I scooped someone ice cream on the spoon.

We spent half the day basically recalling what I did in New Year's Eve and New Year's Day. It was like i just blacked out. All I remember was being so close to Christian and not minding it one bit. That scared me.

Then they forced me out the bed and we headed down to the book store. We were starting The Scarlet Letter in school when it starts again and we still needed our books.

"Can I help you three beautiful ladies?"

No! Don't let it be him.

I turned around and smiled brightly.

"Christian." I chirped and he smiled at me. "You work at the bookstore."

"When I don't have a shift at the fro-yo shop I do. What can I do for you three goddesses?" He smirked, mostly at me.

We all blushed and I wanted to smack that godly smirk off his face for doing this to us.

"We're looking for The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne. We're supposed to be reading that in school." I tucked my hair behind my ear.