Chapter 29: Take The Next Step Together

______________

The two important things I did learn were that you are as powerful and strong as you allow yourself to be, and that the most difficult part of any endeavor is taking the first step, making the first decision.

Robyn Davidson

______________

Chapter 29: Take The Next Step Together

"Come on! We don't want to miss your graduation now do we!" My mother yelled from the other room.

"Blame Christian!" I walked into the room she was in.

"Guilty as charge." He chuckled behind me, I could hear the smirk in his voice.

"What were you two doing in there?" Amelia raised an eyebrow at us. She was 5 months and she looked like she could fly away any minute now. Turns out she's having twins.

"Nothing he refused to put his tie on." I rolled my eyes and fixed my sleeve on my gown.

"Let me take pictures!" My mom squealed and dug out her camera. Mrs. Reid did the same.

"Weren't you the one complaining we didn't want to be late?" Christian put his arm around me.

"We have time for pictures now smile." Mrs. Reid put the camera up to her face.

I wrapped my arm around Christian and smiled. We took a few more pictures and then there was a knock at the door. Patrick went to open it while mrs. Reid and my mom looked at the pictures they took.

"Haistian!!" Delilah chirped as she ran towards me and Christian and pulled us into a tight hug.

"Haistian?" I laughed and hugged her back.

"The ship name I came up with." She let us go.

"Might wanna work on that." Christian chuckled.

Courtney strutted into the room before giving us a hug. Then finally josh came in carrying bags. I laughed and him while he put the bags down.

"They made me carry everything." He huffed.

"Come here." I pulled him into a hug and smiled.

Even though we spent last night together and were going to spend the next 3 months in Paris, Italy and Spain, I wasn't going to see them for a very long time afterwards. I'm trying to cherish every moment we have together.

"Paws off my boyfriend." Delilah squished between us and wrapped her arms around josh.

"What's you and Josh's ship name?" Christian put his arm around my shoulder.

"Don't you dare say it." He grumbled and Delilah just smiled.

"Either Dosh of Jelilah." She giggled.

"Jelilah's pretty." I smiled.

"I know!!"

"Ok since everyone is here lets finish the pictures." We all groaned and went out on the balcony. The wind was blowing it has been blowing since we got here.

I guess that's why they call Chicago the Windy City. It was just single pictures at first. Then it was me and Delilah, Delilah and Courtney, Courtney and me, me and Christian, Christian and josh, josh and Delilah, Delilah and Christian, Christian and Courtney, Courtney and josh, josh and me, then me, court, and Delilah, then all of us together.

The last picture took the longest because we couldn't find a pose to get in. So what had happen was I was in the middle because in the shortest. Christian on my left Courtney on my right. Josh on her right and Delilah on his right with his arm wrapped around both of them pulling them in close. Christian was smothering me into his chest while he kissed my temple. And that's how the picture was taken. To my surprise the picture looked well. We were all smiling and it was a memory we'd never forget.