Chapter 28: This Is Really Happening

_____________

It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are.

e. e. cummings
______________

Chapter 28: This Is Really Happening

Christian, Deliah, Josh, Courtney and I were sitting in the hotel suite we were sharing. Christian and Josh in one of the rooms Deli, Court, and I in the other.

For now we were sitting in the main room. It's been silent for awhile because it was just now dawning on us that we were graduated soon.

"This is really happening," I broke the silence. "We are all graduating tomorrow." I looked at everyone.

It was hitting me the most because I'm valedictorian this year. I had my speech prepared and everything. The past week I've been forcing them all to listen to it. The were probably sick of it.

"Some of us barely made it." Court looked at Christian.

"Hey! I'm smart!" He defended himself.

"Don't be throwing shade Courtney. You had you fair shares as well." I teased and everyone laughed.

"Ok ok I know." She admitted while she laughed as well.

We fell back into a comfortable silence. I laid my head on Christians shoulder and he wrapped his arm around me. I closed my eyes and the first tear of the night was shed.

"Hey don't cry." He wiped my tears.

"We still have until a month before summer ends to be together." He gave my shoulders a tight squeeze.

"I know I'm just remembering everything that happened this year." I smiled up at him.

"I have an idea." Josh sat up from leaning on Delilah. "Lets all go around telling our favorite part of senior year." He smiled.

"I like that idea." Christian sat up off the couch. "I'll start." He ran his fingers through his hair. "My favorite part of senior year was coming home and seeing you guys. Especially blue." He kissed my temple and gave my shoulder another tight squeeze.

I wanted to be last. I was grateful it went clockwise and not counter clockwise. Courtney sat and thought for awhile before smiling.

"My favorite part of senior year was finding out in only a few shirt months my book will be published." We all congratulated her.

"Delilah your turn." We looked at her.

"Oh yeah right." She giggled. "My favorite part of senior year was finally seeing Christian and Hailey get together. They are tmfeo." She smiled at us.

"Well I have a lot." Josh smirked. "Meeting Delilah, finally witnessing Christian become whipped, prom, and the Hawaii trip." He smirked.

"Yes!" Delilah squealed, but blushed at the same time. "Christian and Hailey were so cute in there outfits and all them hot Hawaiians!!" She gushed.

"That's not what I was talking about and you know it." He looked at Delilah. Her cheeks heated up.

"What happened between you two in Hawaii?" Courtney pointed fingers at the two.

"It's all a blur but there's a pretty good gist of what happened. One minute I'm being surrounded by a bunch of girls then the next I'm waking up naked next to this beauty." He tapped Delilah's nose and she buried her face in her hands.

"I thought you started talking after the Hawaii trip?" I raised my brow.

"We did but there was a reason why we started talking." He chuckled. "Now your turn!!" He kicked my foot.

"Well for starters I have to say it was the best high school year ever. Secondly finding out I'm becoming and aunt, the Hawaii trip, and me and Christians cheesy first hang out. Even though it ended with me in a coma it was the best one Ive ever been on." I looked up at Christian. He pecked my lips and smiled.

"Booooo! We agreed no kissing of any sorts!" Courtney threw a pillow at us.

"You want love to Courtney!!" He sprang over to her and kissed her face.

"Eww! Get off me!!" She tried pushing him off but he continued to kiss over her face. He then licked her cheek and got off her. "Yuck!" She wiped her face.

"Taste like vanilla." We all started laughing but Courtney.

"To hide the scent of blood." She said like it was the most natural thing in the world to say.

Christian quickly moved away from her and she joined in on our laughter.

The rest of the night was spent sharing memories, goofing off and making many more memories.

_______________

This was just a shirt filler chapter. 2 more chapters and then an epilogue and then the story will be over. I'm sorry for all the time jumping but I can't drag the story out longer than it needs to be.

~Dejah