Chapter 25: Pretty Little Forehead

____________

You drown not by falling into a river, but by staying submerged in it.

~ Paulo Coelho
____________

Chapter 25: Pretty Little Forehead

There was a knock at my door. I stood up from the floor and walked over to it. I opened it to reveal my boyfriend leaning against his arm, which was propped up against the door frame. In his free hand he held up 2 prom tickets.

"So you aren't backing out." I joked as he walked in the room and kissed me.

"Of course not." He smiled against my lips but it disappeared.

He pulled away and looked to his left.

"Who is he as why is he in your room?" He looked at me. I could see the veins in his neck pulsing as they faded in and out of view.

I laughed and shook my head.

"He's Justin a sophomore that I'm tutoring." I walked over to Justin. "And he's just leaving." I watched at Christians face went to jealous and angry, to embarrassed an stupid.

Once Justin left I began pacing around the room. Christian placed, more like tossed, the tickets on the desk and walked up to me. He picked me up, wrapping my legs around his waist and pressed me against the wall. I gulped slightly.

"You hungry? Cause I am." He started to nibble on my neck.

"I actually wanted to talk to first." I unwrapped my legs and got down, sliding from under him.

"Ok shoot." He laughed slightly.

"You know how we took are ACT's and SAT's mid-year?" I slowly walked over to my desk and he sat on my bed.

"Yeah and now finals are like just a few weeks before prom. Like why would they do that? Do they not know how much time girls obsess over prom? Then guys wait till last minute to ask their girl to prom it's stu-"

"Finals and prom isn't what I want to talk to you about Christian." I cut him off and leaned back on my desk.

I felt the envelope under my fingers.

"Then what is it you want to talk about Hailey?"

"College."

"Why? We don't have to worry about that for another few months. Graduation is in 2 then we have summer. Why are you worried?" He couldn't chose between scrunching his eyebrows or raising one so he did a combination of both.

"You know how they had us send in college applications last month, and we both applied to the same school because we wanted to be together?" I chewed down on my bottom lip.

"Yeah? What are you getting at blue?"

"Well the thing is. I'm not exactly sure that we'll be going together."

"Why did you not get in or something?"

"No, I got in."

"Then why did you say that?"

"Because it's you who didn't get in." I slowly slid the envelope off my desk.

"What do you mean I didn't get in? I didn't even get my letter yet." He stood up.

"That's because we did." I held up his envelope. It had been clearly opened. "When you asked me to turn in yours as well I changed your address to mine. I wanted us to be together when we opened them." I felt horrible.

"Well it's obvious you didn't chose to wait." He snatched the envelope from me. He looked slightly mad but not fully.

"I'm sorry, I couldn't take it. When I found out i got in I had to know if you did or not. I was disappointed when it said you didn't. I called and asked why they said you didn't exactly meet their criteria." I said in a rush of words as he scanned over the paper.

He huffed and ran his fingers through his hair before gripping it. He paced around my room taking deep breathes.

"Are you mad?" I said quietly.

He started to shake his head but it turned into a nod.

"I'm not mad that you changed me address or opened my letter. I'm mad that I worked my a$$ off during those test and I still didn't get it." He huffed and stopped pacing.

"There must be something else, because your scores were above what they needed and I was impressed." He came up to me and pulled me in a bear hug.

"Don't worry ok. I'll call them as see what's going on. If I can't fix it then I'll apply to a school that's not that far. One way or another we will be together." He mumbled, I nodded my head.

"Now how about that bite to eat?" I looked up at him and smiled.

"Rain check?" He raised his brow and tilted his head to the side slightly.

"Why?! You have like 3 rain checks already." I pulled away from him. "Do you not want to spend time with me anymore?" I frowned.

"That's not it. You know I'd spend endless amounts of time with you." He placed his hands on my shoulders and looked me in the eye but I looked away.

"Why do you keep rain checking me?" He turned my head back towards him and kissed me.

I tried fighting him off but it was no use. I'd pull he'd latching himself back onto me. I stopped resisting and gave in.

Great you didn't even put up a fight and you're already waving your white flag.

He's irresistible.

He pulled away and I took a deep breath.

"Because I have things planned babe. That involves us. This was my only free time I have for awhile. I'm sorry. But I'll call you I promise." He gave me a quick kiss before standing up.

"Ok." I pouted slightly.

"Don't pout, it'll causes wrinkles in that pretty little forehead." He kissed my forehead and I waited until he left to smile.

_________________

I'm sorry this is like uber late and I apologize. I just started school this week and sadly I started like three other stories and won't be posting them until this is finished and I'm halfway through How To Make The Perfect Boyfriend.

So updates will be slower because I'm a freshman now. (Pray for me on Fridays matter fact pray for me everyday high school is semi scary place) so yeah and I'm super sorry its super short.

I drew a blank trying to come up with the rest of this chapter so I ended it were it was and I'm sorry. I hope you don't hate me.

Again blame school for my lack of frequently updates. Blame school for everything. Blame it for global warming to. Just be like "school is the cause of global warming!!"

I'm kidding school is important, everyone needs smarticle particles. Ok now I'm talking about absolutely nothing. (If you read this far comment 'I got smarticle particles' below and you'll be dedicated in my next chapter.) ok like bye!!!

P.S. be expecting an update soon that's all.

~Dejah