Chapter 17: Never Forget You

A/N: Please listen to the song at the end of the chapter, please! It's a song that I've dedicated to Emma and Dean :)

***

"So," I say after a few minutes of silence. "What's the news?"

Castiel awkwardly stands there as Sam, Dean, and I sit at the kitchen table. "When Dean told me about Chester I thought I would look into who he is. He is a vampire, as you already know. I was able to look into some history about him overnight and he has a strong habit of making humans make deals with him. He once saved your mother life many years before you were born and she agreed a life for a life. I guess your mother never thought that by him saving her life would mean he would want to take you."

"But that makes no sense," I say. "I mean, it makes sense as to why he's been after my mom and me, but why does he want me so bad?"

"You are a Winchester," Cas says. "If he is able to turn one of you into a vampire, it would be his greatest creation and he would become very popular. Perhaps that is why. Though, I do recall something about using you against Dean."

Dean shakes his head. "What the hell does he want to get me back for? I've never even met the son of a bitch."

"That is a very good question, Dean. One that I do not have an answer for," Castiel says. "I am sorry. I will keep searching, though."

"That won't be necessary," a voice says and I feel the hair on the back of my neck stand up. The owner of the voice enters the kitchen, a coy smile on his face. "Hello, Emma. It's very good to see you again."

I swallow hard. "How the hell did you get in here?" Dean says, standing up while pointing a gun at the vamp.

Chester puts his hands up. "Hey, now. I'm here on good terms, Winchester. If you wanted to know why I want Emma so bad, you could have just asked me."

"What do you want with me?" I snap.

Chester's smile turns sinister and I feel a shiver down my spine. "The angel here isn't wrong. It would nice to have a Winchester as a vampire. It would be quite interesting, don't you think? And I have nothing against you, Dean. It's the mom I have problems with."

"What did my mom ever do to you?" I ask, standing up.

Chester laughs. "She promised me something, my dear," he says. "After I saved her life, she promised me everything. You see, I was young then. She promised me her life, her love. And then the Winchester's came into town and ruined it all. She betrayed me and decided to slut it up with the handsome Dean." His eyes grow dark as he recalls the memory. "She forgot about me. And it wasn't until nine months later did I find out she was to be a mother. How she was able to keep it from me for so long, I'll never know."

"You fell in love with a human?" Sam asks bewilderment in his eyes.

Chester laughs. "I was never in love with her, Sammy. I just needed some more prodigies of my own. She was never supposed to have children. She was supposed to join me. She promised me she would and she broke that vow. When I found out about Emma, I figured the blasted woman would try to find the father of her darling baby. But I was wrong. The woman really sent me on a wild goose chase, but then I was finally able to catch up with her. But the bitch had a plan. And you, Emma, got away. Again."

"You're the reason why my mom is dead," I say, the words tasting like poison on my tongue. "Why, after all these years, hunt for me?"

Chester smiled. "That's my little secret, love."

"Get out," Dean says. "Now. Before I blow your face off."

Chester waggles a finger at Dean. "I'm afraid I can't do that. Emma is mine and I've come to collect." Before I know what is happening, my vision goes black from a blow to the face. I hear a gunshot and many curses. I feel myself hit the floor and then I know nothing for a time.