Chapter Six

"How long did it last?" He asks slowly, deliberating his words before he spoke them aloud, I looked up at him and shrugged, he glared at me for a moment, then his eyes softened.

"A little over two years," I mumbled, suddenly my hands became a very enticing thing to look at, "I finally gained the courage to tell Ray a little while after my twelfth birthday, he came to get me the following day and started legal proceedings for custody of me. He took me back home to Virginia with him, Steve and Mom moved to the same town not long after."

Christian stared at me, the first time I have ever seen Christian Grey utterly baffled. He took my hands holding them from across the table, I looked up at him, he seemed to be thinking, probably realizing he's experiencing the same feeling I had when he told me about his affair with Elena. He didn't speak, he just stared, his mind working it's way through all of it, I wish Ray had the reaction that Christian's having, Ray was all rage, there was no room for silence there.

     "I'm surprised Ray didn't kill him," He said once he finally spoke, his voice was holding a touch of something I couldn't place, something dark and angry.

     "He wanted to," I began, then elaborated, "He got out of the truck when he came to get me, he hit Steve so hard he literally hit his knees. He didn't stop there either, he kept hitting him, and my God was he yelling, but he stopped, for me. Because at that time I needed him more, I needed him more than anything he thought needed to be done, that's what made Ray such a good father, he could cloak his anger long enough to be there when I needed him, long enough to be the father I needed him to be."

     "Ray was a good man Ana, and a good father, he loved you very much." Christian said, stating the known, by then our food had come and suddenly my plate became the most interesting thing to look at.

     And that was what our day consisted of, instead of hiking we went to a near by park, we walked along the track numerous times interrogating each other, him asking about Steve, and me asking about Elena. I told him about the first uncomfortable touch I ever received, he was taking me home from Drill Practice on day and he rested his hand above my knee, well above my knee. And he told me about the first thing that happened between him and Elena, he smarted off, and she slapped him, then she kissed him, and then she slapped him again, which must have been completely confusing.

     When Christian dropped me off that night there were cars in the driveway and parked in the streets, I had completely forgotten about Elena's little party she was throwing tonight. Christian caught my hand before I got out of the car, I looked at him confused, and he had a scarce look on his face.

     "Do something for me?" He asked quietly, I cocked my head to the side confused, but nodded, not sure of what he was going to ask me to do. "When you go inside, go into your room, lock your door, and don't come back out tonight."

     I started to ask him why but he cut me off, elaborating his words before I could question him.

     "Elena's 'get togethers' are not typical get togethers Ana. She has other Dominants and Dominatrix's in her home, and once particular ones have had enough Brandy in them, they become sick bastards. Ana I would very simply kill one of them if they hurt you, will you please just do that to me?" I suddenly didn't want to go inside the house on my own, but I nodded anyway and told him I would do as he asked, and told him I would see him soon.

     I don't know what I expected to see once I got inside, maybe woman wearing all leather and men carrying whips or something, but they all looked like normal people to me, other than some woman dressing a bit to young for their age. However, I kept my promise and went upstairs to my bedroom and locked my door, lying in my bed I picked up my battered copy of Pride and Prejudice.