Chapter Twenty

So it's been a while but I'm really working on this. I've created different ways to keep myself up to date with this story. You can always follow me on Snapchat: cheyenne1864 and my Fifty Shades Different Instagram: fifty_shades_different

I know I'm using a lot of mixing here but soon everything is going to make sense. I've wanted to write a story like this and you guys are what is finally pushing me to do it.

And don't forget I'm always up to hear you all's ideas message me on one and let me know what you would like to see happen.

I didn't stay in the bedroom long, I looked through the clothes that they packed for me from my closet at Christian's. It looks like it was packed by a seven-year-old Mia if we're being honest. I stand to my feet opening the bedroom door, they're all still sitting at the table, Grace has joined them. I walk over to the couch, there is an old scrapbook sitting on the coffee table, I've seen this book sitting around all my life but I've never once opened it. This I do, the first page is the five of them not long after they met and became friends. I turn the page again and there is an 8 x 10 of a man in an air force uniform, he looks vastly familiar.

"Who's this?" I ask trying my best to sound nonchalant, Carolyn walked over to sit beside me, she smiled at the picture a vague sense of sadness in her eyes.

"That's my big brother, Keith Earnshaw." Carolyn says looking at me knowingly. I stare down at the picture, I've always seemed similarities between Ray and I, but I am the epitome of this man.

"I didn't know you had a brother, Care." I whisper starring down at the picture.

"Well that's why you're here Bae, to know what you didn't know before." She says quietly, she looks away from me to the pictures of him that cluttered the two pages. "Your mother always had a thing for my big brother, and those feelings began to be returned right before her eighteenth birthday."

As Carolyn started the story I could almost see the things as they were happening, I could picture my grandparents old house. My mother then and the rest of them as younger people, a little than Christian and I are now.

Carla

It was the summer before my senior year, I fell in love. I had always had problems at home, my mom was a very devoted woman, but to Christ alone, and my father spent all his time away from work drinking, hitting my mother, and getting effective use out of the belt he would hang up on the wall to scare my sister and me. I wanted a summer distraction, a fling, nothing permanent, and nothing that meant anything just something to do and someone to be with for a few months. Of all the people, I could have picked out of the great little city of Bellevue I chose one of my best friend's brothers, it was Carolyn's brother his name was Keith. We were completely and utterly inseparable, but we fought like dogs, wherever we went we were arguing. And we went everywhere together. I challenged him, I gave him all the feistiness all the bitching and screaming that he'd never received and he fought me back tooth and nail every single time.

We went to the fair together and rode the Farris Wheel, I had my first kiss at the very top. All I wanted was a little summer romance, but that's not what I got at all.

I fell in love with him, and he with me, at the end of the summer it was supposed to be over with. I was to start school that fall, and he was to go back to Montana to live with his Dad, he had a respectable job waiting for him there. August was supposed to be the end, but it was just the beginning. But, it didn't happen the way everything was supposed to. Instead he stayed, to be with me, his mother and his sister, and I loved him all the more for it.

Finally, October rolled around, as did my birthday, my father made it into a complete event. My mother asked him not to, my mother didn't believe in a lot of things and she damn sure didn't believe in celebrating my birth, or anything that had to do with me. Taylor Cooper loved his dogs more than he loved his wife, and his daughters were a notch above the dogs.

My father was a big shot lawyer based out of Seattle, he'd just settled a huge case and made a major profit off of the entire thing. He invited everyone in the city of Bellevue, he invited hundreds upon hundreds of people, and I didn't know not a damn one of them, except for my group of friends. I was only eighteen, but my Daddy had them put enough candles on my cake to resemble the burning of Atlanta.

"Happy Birthday, Baby Girl." He said resting an arm over my shoulder, pulling me in to kiss my hair, I beamed at him. "I got you something."

He reached his hand inside his chest pocket and pulled out a small velvet box holding it in front of the two of us. I could feel people's eyes on me as he opened the small box, nestled inside the box was a ring, the most beautiful ring I had ever seen in my life, it was princess cut and it was amazing.

"It's a promise ring." He said quietly, "It's more so a coming of age gift, but it's something you deserve greatly none the less. Happy Birthday Carrie."

I turned to show it to Keith and he leaned into my ear and whispered in my ear.

"That's nothing like the one I'm gonna get you." I could hear the smile in his voice, and it made me smile myself. I kissed him softly and ran over to my mom, completely over the moon.

"Momma, it's so pretty!" I gushed, "Did you pick it out?"

She looked down at my hand and her mouth dropped, not saying damn word she let go of my hand and stalked over to my father. It shouldn't have bothered me but it did, they drug me into their arguments constantly, it never ended.

I walked over to where Elena, Grace, Alice and Carolyn were sitting and sat between Grace and Elena, and Grace passed me the flask. I looked down at it looking around, my parents were having quite the heated conversation and no one else seemed to be paying attention. I brought the flask to my lips, and took a long drink from it, it burned all the way down. It's never a bad burn though, until you get shit faced drunk and it's coming back up. Keith slowly walked over to where we were all sitting, he smiled down at me picking up my hand in his. He looked worried.

"Carrie, take a walk with me?" He asked quietly, all of my friends tensed immediately, and I suddenly felt as though I was being left out of something huge.

We walked through the vast backyard of my parents' home to a swing my dad hung for my mother, during a happier time. We sat together for a long while, before either of us spoke.

"What's the matter?" I asked finally, he wouldn't look at me, he was staring back to the far end of the yard where everyone was dancing around like a bunch of drunks. They probably were.

"I went into town today," He murmured, still refusing to look at me.

Ana

"What the fuck is going on?" Christian yelled as he bursts through the door, Elliot right behind him, interrupting Carolyn, who was more than likely at the very peek of her story. He glared at Grace and his eyes strayed over to Elena's, my blood instantaneously boiled.