Chapter Twenty-Six

This was quite the obvious filler chapter. I'll have another one posted tonight I promise! 

After that day in the cemetery, we went home, I went back him Elena to my old family home and the four of them sat down with me and told me everything I wanted to know. They answered every question I had, I went home to Escala with Christian, and cried in his arms and he held me and just let me cry. I think at some point Grace pulled him aside and told him that perhaps that would be best. I'd spent so much time in therapy, trying to figure out what I had done wrong, when really it was no ones fault at all. I had spent so much time hating my Mom for the things that she had done, and for the things that she had allowed to happen to me, but none of that mattered now. I've decided that I'm letting go, because if I don't I'm going to spend the rest of my life hating a woman for things that she could have done very little to fix.

I went back to school, and still managed to stay ahead, I picked back up at work. Though since Christian and I had both vanished for a couple of days a piece there were rumors circulating about the two of us. Life was going fairly easily.

"Ana," Christian snapped walking back through from his last meeting of the day, he seemed irritated. "My office."

Fuck. What had I done? Nothing that I could think of. Maybe I forgot to forward an email to him? But I was certain that I had sent them all. 

I followed him into his office shutting the door behind me, as I turned he caught my waist bringing his lips to mine quickly. It was a quick kiss, his hand rested on my cheek before he pulls away, he turns to walk over to his desk. He looks up at me holding a envelope addressed to the two of us, I'm sure my face mirrors my confusion, and he grins at me.

"Did you forget about the Halloween party?" He asked, I freeze, because honestly I had completely forgotten it seemed like we had talked about it so long ago. "It's tonight."

"Right. Shit." I muttered looking away from him, "I did forget, I'm so sorry. I don't have a costume."

"I had something thrown together for us." He smiled leaning down to kiss me, he ran his hand down my arm intertwining his fingers with mine. "So, let's go home."