Chapter Twelve

A/N: Hey guys, I literally just finished, I'm working on my plot a bit, but I think that I've found what I want to do with this story there will be only love and heartache to come! 11 Votes and 6 Comments for Chapter Thirteen! See you soon!!

The thing about the sun is, it's always there, even though sometimes you can't see it. It never truly leaves and that is what Christian had been to me, the sun in a really dark and rainy world. I didn't know it but Christian Grey, with his control freakery stalking self had been keeping tabs on me, always. Checking up on me through people I knew. It's sad really, that even with him doing the things he was doing with Elena, that he still couldn't manage to shake looking out for me.

A kiss like that should have insinuated that more was going to happen, but it didn't, Christian sat with me on the bed with me finally open up slightly, telling me about how he kept tabs on me. But me not telling people certain specifics, he knew that something was wrong. And that something was going on behind closed doors that no one else had any clue about. Christian had, in his own way, said goodbye to repeatedly over the years, it finally stuck when I was eleven. But now here he is, wriggling his way back into my life. Would he hurt me again? I don't know, but he's here, he's here now, for me despite everything that had happened.

"Anastasia, what are you doing to me?" He asks, completely bewildered, I smile at him looking down at my hands..

"I could ask you the same question," I whisper back.

Trust me I'm not Adele, that's not why I came back to Seattle, I didn't turn up out of the blue hoping that he would fall in love with me. For me Christian and I's friendship was over after he cut his ties with me when I was eleven and he was fifteen, I didn't come back seeking more, but now I'm not sure what I want. We both leaned back on the bed staring up at the ceiling above us and after an eternity of silence I looked over at him, he looked all flushed and confused. I wanted to ask him what we were doing, what tonight means for us, but I didn't feel like having that argument. And finally at some point, I don't remember when, I fell asleep looking over at him as he stared up at the ceiling.

I woke up around two with a pounding headache that made me dizzy upon standing up, Christian had fallen asleep beside me his ever present frown upon his lips. I smiled to myself and made my way downstairs to search for ibuprofen. I make my way down to the kitchen where I find Mrs. Jones, I'm assuming she's starting a dinner for tomorrow, but I can't be sure.

"Ana, are you alright dear?" She asks kindly, smiling at me.

"Um. I have a headache, I was wondering if Christian keeps ibuprofen around..?" I ask awkwardly, not making eye contact, she nods and makes her way to a cabinet at the end of the room and hands the bottle to me. "Thank you,"

"Here, let me get you some water," I start to object but she already has the glass, so instead when she hands me the cup I just say thank you and take water and the pills.

I take two of the ibuprofen and make my way back up the stairs, I may have made it halfway when I hear Christian scream, but I couldn't hear what he said. I listen for a moment still walking.

"NO!" He calls out, louder this time, now I'm running up the stairs to get to him, when I get to the bedroom he's thrashing around on the bed still screaming, his head pushed back, and his eyes screwed shut..

"Christian!" I scream shaking his shoulder vigorously, he continues to thrash and yell out, as if I haven't spoken at all. "Christian, please! Wake up!"

His eyes spring open, grey and wild, his pupils enlarged with fear, he stares vacantly up at me.

"Christian," I whisper, sitting down beside him, "You're okay, it was just a bad dream, you're at home okay? You're safe."

He blinks looking around the room frantically, and frowns as he takes in his surroundings, and then his eyes are back on mine. "Ana," he whimpers, and without a word he pulls me to him holding me close to him. I don't protest, I just let him hold me, burying his face in my hair. It doesn't take long for Christian to shift sitting up on the bed looking down at me, I follow him sitting up looking at him. He doesn't say anything he just watches me, no sign of a specific expression on his face, but his eyes tell all. He's curious and confused at once, his grey eyes smoldering with question.

"Are you okay?" I ask, he frowns but nods his head. I give him a small smile, and he takes in a breath.

"I don't know what's happening here" He begins his eyebrows knitting together, "Between you and I, but I'm willing to try for us, for you. I mean a part of me thinks that this could be the worst decision I've ever made and another part is saying that this is everything that I have ever wanted."

"Okay," I whisper, smiling at him, he smiles back at me, not saying a word, "I have school tomorrow, and I start my internship, I think I need to go to sleep,"

" Okay," he smiles, "Turn with your back to me,"

I do as he ask and he wraps his arms around me from behind and hold me as I fall back asleep in his arms.

When I wake he's curled around me, sleeping peacefully, I look over to the clock on the bedside table, it's not even 6:30 yet, school doesn't start until 8:30.. I relax and enjoy his enveloping heat, his skin on my skin. I lie very still, not wanting to disturb him. Boy, what an evening. I feel like I've been run over by a train—the freight train that is Christian. Hard to believe that the man lying beside me, looking so serene and young in his sleep, was so tortured last night, I gaze up at the ceiling, and it occurs to me that I always think of Christian as strong and domineering— but being honest, Christian is a lost man, a lost boy, and from what he said to me after his night terror last night he's, my lost boy. I sigh. He's not asking that much of me. I flit through our conversations of last night. Did we decide anything other than to both try to create a relationship out of basically nothing? The bottom line is that I care about this man, and I need to chart a course for both of us. One that lets me keep my integrity and independence but still be what he needs, I resolve to make a special effort in this new found relationship, an effort to make things work between Christian and I, so I cannot run from him the way I ran from Kaleb, the way I ran from my entire life. Christian stirs and lifts his head off my chest, looking sleepily at me.

"Goodmorning." I whisper,

"Goodmorning," He whispers sleepily, "Did you sleep well?"

"Actually I did after I got rid of my pounding headache, how about you?" I ask, smiling at him, he smiles back at me, not his tight lipped CEO smile, a real Christian smile.

"I did actually." His voice sounds surprised, as if he doesn't always sleep well, but after seeing his night terror from last night I don't doubt that he doesn't. "Come, lets start getting ready, first impressions are everything after all."

While Christian is showering in his bathroom, I shower in mine, when I'm done I put on the god awful white collared button up and tie, since when do girls wear ties? With the over jacket that has the school crest on the left breast, the skirt is red and plaid, which doesn't even come down to my knees, knee high black sock and shoes that resemble vans. I come to the conclusion that I should pack extra clothes for my internship so I quickly grab my green pencil skirt, a white v-neck, a black cardigan, and white heels and shove them in a bag, I can tuck them in my locker for the day. I am very minimalistic on make up, mascara and lipgloss pretty much sums it up, unless it's important and being honest schools not. I'm there to learn not to spend an hour putting on makeup that won't even make it until lunch.

Christian meets me at the breakfast bar, he looks me up and down and smiles darkly, I look away as I sit down beside him.

"You look nice," He says, he looks like he's trying not to laugh, which pangs at my self esteem a bit, "Those skirts are shorter than I remember, or maybe I just didn't have anyone particular to be looking at back then."

"Oh my God," I say completely surprised, I feel the blush steel across my cheeks, "I'm assuming that's a compliment so thank you Christian."

He smiles at me, and I know that today is going to be a good day.