Chapter Twenty-Eight

Okay this might be a terrible Chapter, or a terrible ending to the first book but in time you will understand, I'm working on Chapter one of Book Two right now, but I can't post it until I have a name. I'm pulling a blank on that so feel free to drop any ideas in the comments below. Also Let me know what you think about the story as a whole thus far and please stick with me, it'll be worth it in the end I promise. 

Grace and Carrick's fundraiser was amazing but very high class, the costumes were beautiful not bloody. All the costumes were made after historical people, Cleopatra, Ceasar, the only 'unexceptable,' costume was worn by non other than Elliot himself. He decided to try his mothers patients and come as JFK, which wouldn't have been a terrible idea, but his costume was done in reference to the moments after the President had been shot. 

"Elliot Trevelyan-Grey." Grace seethed as she walked over to her first born son, grabbing a hold of his arm. "What is the matter with you. Why would you pick this costumes of all other to wear to a charity event."

"Because, I enjoy being politically incorrect." He grinned, I watched grace roll her eyes, and Carrick walk over grabbing a hold of his son by the back of his neck dragging him away. Grace shook her hand walking over to Christian and myself. 

"When he comes back he better be wearing something more tasteful." Grace muttered angrily, Christian laughed lightly, bringing his mothers attention to him. I suppose he's never been one to allow himself to show happiness to himself or his loved ones. 

And so it was gathered that Grace had a conniption Carrick was furious, Christian thought it was hilarious on the other hand, though to say the least when Elliot and Carrick returned Elliot was wearing a new costume.  I couldn't but grin at how happy Christian seemed to be, but that has seemed to be the usual these days, he's still stressed to say the least but not nearly as stressed. He's even been less havoc causing to his employees, he's never been cruel to me but he most definitely has to everyone else. 

Grace allowed Mia to pick the DJ so the music was mostly modern music, a few old R&B songs here and there. Mia was ecstatic about how perfect everything came out, I never realized how much she as a person reminded me of Alice in the Twilight series, which we were both completely obsessed with at one time.  Though that was a very long time ago, though it seemed, but everything that happened before Dad died seems like a long time ago. 

"Ana," Mia yelled as she practically hurled herself at me to hug me, "I'm so glad you're here! We decided to do an open mic, I signed us up it'll be so much fun!" 

"Yeah, it sounds great," I whispered as I felt the blood completely drain from my face, Mia saw straight through my half-hearted reply. 

"Come on, Ana," She beamed at me, just as chipper as ever,  "People make donations on it, I've done it before it's so much fun I promise you'll love it. It starts in about 20 minutes!"

I looked over to Christian and he frowned at me, he ran his hand down my arm and took my hand in his. 

"You don't have to do it, you know that right?" He murmured in my ear, before bringing his lips to mine and kissing me softly. 

"It's fine, like she said it'll be fun." I smiled back at him. 

We found our places at the family table, sitting side by side, while everyone else was up and about moving along with the music. They played a couple of songs that I didn't particularly care for, Christian didn't like as though they entertained him either. Though the last song before the open mic brought me to my feet as I grabbed Christian's hand, he smiled and looked up at me confused. 

"Dance with me?' I whispered, he stood keeping my hand in his as we walked across the dance floor, as the beginning of The Night we Met echoed around us. I was never much of a dancer, and Christian knew that, we mostly just swayed back and forth. My head laid unmoving against his chest, one of his hands held mine while the other rested against the small of my back. I know physical contact to his chest throws him into panic mode, but in this moment I would never had known.