Chapter Nineteen

Alright, I hurried and finished up a short little Chapter to hold you over for a couple hours. I'm going to attempt to update again tonight but if I don't it will definitely be in the morning.

So it's been a while but I'm really working on this. I've created different ways to keep myself up to date with this story. You can always follow me on Snapchat: cheyenne1864 and my Fifty Shades Different Instagram: fifty_shades_different

I know I'm using a lot of mixing here but soon everything is going to make sense. I've wanted to write a story like this and you guys are what is finally pushing me to do it.

And don't forget I'm always up to hear you all's ideas message me on one and let me know what you would like to see happen.

When I woke up the next morning I felt off, my head hurt, and I didn't quite know where I was. The ceiling was different, the bedding was different, I most definitely was not at Escala. Very suddenly I remembered where I was, and I was pissed.

"NO!" I screamed, "No, no, no, no, no."

I shot up out of bed, looking at my surroundings, and sure enough I was in my old bedroom. It looked the same I looked up and Grace was standing in the doorway with Carolyn and Alice, the three of them grew up with my mom and Elena and they were best friends. As far as I know they still are.

"What the fuck is wrong with you!" I seethe, feel my face getting hotter as I glare at them. Alice smiles slightly, amused by my anger I'm sure.

"Sleeping Beauty's up." Carolyn mocks, her and Alice turning and walking back towards the dining room. Grace looks at me sympathetically.

"I didn't know they were going to do this," She says as way of an apology, "I made you some coffee,"

I watch her as she walks off after them. I'm pissed I grab my phone out of my purse, and dial Christian. It's only six but, he never sleeps so I'm not very worried about waking him. When he answers he sounds panicked.

"Where are you?" He yells into my ear, it's sweet really, he's worried.

"Good morning, Christian." I say, I'm still irritated with the entire situation, "I have been kidnapped and am in Bellevue, with your mother and her psychotic friends. How could you not know?"

"If I could so kindly point out that those were your mother's psychotic friends as well," He says, he sounds irritated but I know he's smiling. "I went to my office to check some emails and when I came back you were gone."

"Christian, I feel like I was drugged being completely serious," I vent, my irritation is quite evident in my tone. "I don't know what they did. But I feel like I got fucked up last night, and I didn't drink and I don't do drugs."

Christian laughs. He is fucking laughing at me.

"Ana, do you honestly think that the most appraised pediatrician in the Olympic Peninsula would drug you?" He asks in a very mocking tone. Why is everyone mocking me. This is fucking stupid. "Look they have a good reason, they love you and there are certain things they want you to understand. So just stay with them okay?"

"Fuck you, Christian." I hiss, "I do believe I have a clear understanding of the things that happened to me. I'm not saying that Grace would, but your best friend very well might have."

I hang up the phone and power it off so he can't call me back.

I stand to my feet stalking through the kitchen, on my way to the dining room, I look up at the three of them sitting at the table. They're quiet, Grace looks angry, not at me it seems to be pointed at them. I stomp past them grabbing the mixed drink in front of Alice on my way out the door.

"Thief," she calls out after me, I walk out on the patio sitting in one of the chairs out before the lake, remembering a time when this house was a much happier place. Before everything.

School was out for the summer, and Grace had brought Mia, Elliot and Christian over. While the three of us swam, Christian sat up on the dock with Grace and my mom, his shirt off refusing to get in the water. In hindsight Mia, Elliot and I always played rough when we were in the lake, so Christian would more than likely be afraid we would touch him. By the end, right before I moved with mom, I got him in the water.

"Christian!" I yell running up to him, I grab his hand and tug on it towing him off the ground. Mia and Elliot went inside for food so it was only me in the water. "Come in the water with me."

"No," He says panic crossing his big grey eyes.

"It's just me right now." I say touching his hand, I knew then he didn't like to be touched, I heard mom and Grace talking about it all the time. "I won't touch you I promise."

He considers me for a moment and then looks out at the water, finally he nods taking the first step towards the water. I follow after him curiously, I didn't know if he was actually going to do it. He walks slow across the dock before jumping in I follow right behind him. He comes back up for air before me and when I come up he's watching me holding on to the ladder of the dock.

"The waters really deep." He says defensively, I laugh he looks my face offended, then smiles at me.

Grace walks out of the door and comes to the chair beside me taking a seat. Neither of us right away, but I know I had a million things I wanted to say. She was the first to answer one of the questions I was thinking.

"I didn't know they were going to do this." She says simply, her eyes remaining on the lake, "I was going to take you to lunch tomorrow and brought you here."

Sometimes, for example the facial expression and body language Grace has when she's uncomfortable makes Christian look like her for a moment.

"Did they drug me?" I ask glaring at her, daring her to lie.

"Elena, slipped your drink with a high dose of Triazadone at Christian's club last night." She confirms, more uncomfortable than before. "I had no idea, until they called me from here." Un-fucking-believable. I don't say a word I simply stand up and walk back towards my room, throwing the glass from the mixed drink on the ground successfully shattering it.

I was alone for all of five minutes and the bedroom door creaks open, and Elena is standing in front of me. I want to strangle her, not only for this, but for everything else too. Especially the things she did to Christian and the lies that she has told Grace all these years. She stares at me for a long moment.

"Ana, we all know that Carla was the one that needed help, not you. I don't want to argue with you and I'm not going to but, baby, you have a long life ahead of you." She begins, I just sit down on the bed and stare down at my hands before I look up at her. She's tearing up slightly, I didn't know she could do that. My subconscious glares at me, but it's the truth, I've never seen Elena Lincoln cry. Not even at my mother's funeral. "You don't need to spend one more moment of it tied up in anger and resentment. You need to be able to understand."

She doesn't say another word, she simply turns and shuts the door behind her. I want to stop her, but I don't, I need to gather myself before I face the four of them.