Chapter Twenty-Five

I'm not sure when the prescribing of medication to cure alcoholism stopped being a thing but let me know in the comments. I looked and came up with nothing but when I put the book under construction when it's done I'll need to fix that, but for now let's just go with it. But the book going under construction is going to happen in the end because I would forget stuff because it had been so long since I had written and I'm sure sometimes you guys were like what? I want this story to be successful and for that to happen, I'm going to have to go back through before I even start writing book two.

Dear Momma,

I hope you're having a nice time, wherever you are.

I'm being very good, and I'm very quiet now all the time.

So, I won't get on your nerves, I promise.

So, you can come home any time.

I'm sorry I made you mad.

I pray for you with Daddy every night,

And every morning too.

I miss you so very much.

And Daddy does too.

I love you, and I'll write again soon.

Yours truly,

Anastasia

Elena

I sat with my back against the wall, Grace was tending to Ana's wounds, I was waiting with the doctor until Ray got home from a job he was working on in Olympia. I knew that this was a bad idea, and I told Carla that, but she didn't listen. All she wanted was to be a good mother, a good wife, she was blinded. She had went to the Catholic Church and saw the priest, he put her on a medication that was supposed to cure her of the demon of alcohol. Obviously, it hadn't worked, or I wouldn't be sitting here right now, as she lie on the ground, her eyes hardly open and her body convulsing violently. Dr. Gerandy was leaned over her shining a small light in her eyes. 

 "Carla? Carla can you hear me? Do you know what she took?" He asked, he looked over to me, I could see the panic written all over his face, which didn't help mine one bit. "Jesus. That Priest should be run out of town. Do you know how many?"

"No, but she eats them like there god damn M&M's," I replied my voice numerous times, I could feel the tears welling up in my eyes, I'm so afraid of what this means for her, and for Ana. He turns his head away from me refocusing himself on her.

"I'm going to give her a mild tranquilizer," He said simply, I should not be the one here. I don't know what anything he's saying means, I don't understand why he doesn't just give her a fucking sedative. I could hear Ray's truck pulling in the drive, he could too, he looked back over to me after he administered the shot. "I'm going to move her, if you want to go talk to him."

I walked out on the porch as he was making his way up the stairs, Ray's never particularly like me, but we have a mutual respect for each other.

 "Ray," I sobbed he could see the tears streaming down my face, and he put his hands on my shoulders and looked down at me. "Carla's sick. She lost it, we have got to get her some real help, none of this bullshit that church is spitting out is doing her any good. If anything, it's just making all of it worse."

He walked me into the house, Gerandy had moved her to the couch Ray froze right in the door way starring at scene before him. Slowly he walked over to the couch, dropping to his knees beside his wife. He picked up her hand and Raymond Steele, a man I have never seen shed a single tear, and I've known this man my entire life, began to cry.