Chapter Ten

A/N: This is a very short chapter, I'm attempting to update at least twice tonight so stay tuned :)

I haven't laid eyes on Christian's sister, Mia, since my parents funeral, needless to say I'm looking forward to it. When we were small Mia and I were inseparable, as Christian and I were, I was close with many people which I suppose is why this is almost as much home as Virginia was. Christian rounds the corner of the kitchen into the great room he sits right beside me and looks into my eyes, his eyes are curious.

"I want to try something." He states,

"Okay," I prompt him when he doesn't say anything, he gives me a small half smile before continuing.

I couldn't breathe. He hesitated — not in the normal way, not the way a man might hesitate before he kissed a woman, to gauge her reaction, to see how he would be received. Perhaps he would hesitate to prolong the moment, that ideal moment of anticipation, sometimes better than the kiss itself. Christian hesitated to test himself, to see if this was safe, to make sure he was still in control of his need, still in control of himself. And then his warm, satin lips pressed very softly against mine. I moan into his mouth , giving his tongue an opening. He takes full advantage his tongue expertly exploring my mouth. I am certain that i have never been kissed like this, my breaths come in wild gasps. His fingers knotted in his hair, clutching me to him. My lips parted as I breathed in his heady scent. I opened my eyes and saw his guarded expression, I was worried that I'd done something wrong, he stood up and stormed off to his study as if what had just happened was meant absolutely nothing to him; maybe it didn't.

It wasn't long after that Taylor walked Mia into the great room, she squealed loudly and ran over to me

"Oh Ana, I've missed you so much!" She said hugging me close to her, she pulled away to look at me, "How are you?"

"I'm fine, I feel a lot better," I say the same words that I've said probably a million times since the accident, and I still don't mean it any more that when I said it for the first time.

"Where is Christian?" She asks looking around the room not finding him anywhere.

"His study," I say simply, not giving anything away, she tells me that she will be back walking quietly to the door.

I sit back down on the couch, still at a loss for words for what just happened. Why would he pointedly act as if what just happened meant nothing to him, as if he were angry, angry at me. Regardless, that's Christian, that's how he's always been; it's how he's made. It's always the fault of someone else.

Christian and Mia emerged from his study together, discussing where the three of us should go eat together, they decided on a club that Christian owns here in Seattle. Mia said that she was driving myself which left me with Christian.