Chapter Seventeen

A/N: YOU GUYS. I just realized I am dragging this day out into oblivion, but this seemed like a good place to stop. Love you guys! Click that follow button for me!

Chey xx

Soundtrack 17

Starving 

Say You Like Me

Angel

"Do you trust me?" He asks quietly, my heart skips a beat, I trust Christian deeply but still being this vulnerable, it's so hard to say it out loud. So much of trust has been used against me, I would suppose. "And, Ana, I mean do you really trust me?"

"Of course," I gasp, as he leans down to kiss me, he seems just as afraid as I am, and I know he's afraid for me. That makes me happy, not that he's frightened, but the fact that he afraid for me, it gives me even more confidence that he would never hurt me.

Christian runs his hands down my sides, latching his hands into the waistband of my panties, running them down my thighs, anxiety spikes rapidly in my stomach. I close my eyes in attempts to concentrate, to calm myself. He leans over me to whisper in my ear, "You'll have to be completely still now, alright?"

I nodded my head ever so slightly, I feel him shift onto his elbows.

"Are you absolutely sure you want to do this?" I nod my head again. "I need you to tell me, Ana."

"I want to," I mutter, looking anywhere but at him, the duvet suddenly became very interesting. He took my hands gently, pulling them over my head, my breath caught in my throat, and I froze. He didn't seem to notice.

"Keep your hands here." He whispers sternly in my ear. He lets go of my hands, leaving a trail of soft kisses down my body, down my neck to my right nipple, across the valley of my breast to my left. Taking each one into his mouth sucking and nibbling gently, then beginning down my stomach, and past my naval. He begins to pull my legs apart, and I hear a voice coming down the hallway.

"He never sleeps this late, Taylor." Grace seethes loudly, the worry in her voice is quite evident. "You will not keep me from my son."

Christian freezes, as we hear the steps nearing the door.

"Mrs. Grey! He's not alone." Taylor spits out quickly, Christian looks at me, his eyes wide.

"I see," Grace is confused, but there is a hint of something that I can't quite place in her voice. She almost sounds happy. Christian stands quickly pulling me up with him in his arms, handing me a pair of his jogging pants and a t-shirt.

"Christian I am not going out there." I state simply as I'm getting dressed, she would hate me, and Elena would find out. And she would see herself as right.

"Ana, my mom loves you, she's always thought we'd be together." He says, pulling me to him, pressing his face into my neck, "I think I always knew she was right."

So, against my better judgement we got dressed, together, we dressed quite similar which isn't surprising because we're both wearing his clothes. I pull my hair up in a ponytail to get rid of my I-just-had-sex-but-I-actually-didn't hair. Looking in the mirror, my cheeks red, but I don't think Christian is giving me an option. We make our way out of his bedroom hand in hand, which surprises me as well. I didn't think for even a second, he would be so open to keep any type of contact with me in front of his parents, Grace especially so.

Grace has her back turned to us, looking at one of the newer paintings that Christian has acquired for the décor of the great room. I can very literally feel my heart in my throat, I would have never wanted to be in this situation with anyone, let alone it be with Christian, and Grace being the one to almost walk in on the two of us. As Grace turns, she doesn't look angry, her face actually lights up at the sight of us emerging from Christian's bedroom. I can feel my face heating up even more at the sight of her starring at the two of us.

"Hey, Mom." Christian says, smiling at her, why the fuck is he smiling? She smiles back at him leaning in for a hug, Christian hugs her back, but at arms length. I've never seen him hug her closely like I used to hug my Dad, or my Mom, a lump forms in my throat at the thought. Grace smiles at me as she lets Christian go, pulling her to her hugging me.

"Anastasia, it's been so long, how are you Dear?" She asks, Grace has always been a great woman, she's always sweet and she's completely genuine. She doesn't have to pretend, it's just the way she's always been.

"I'm fine." I say back, pushing out a smile, I'm good at it I suppose. She frowns at me, probably seeing right through me, I'm not sure how no one else does. Besides Christian.

"What are you doing here Mom?" Christian asks, saving me from questioning, he smiles at her. "I wasn't aware that Dr. Trevelyan-Grey mad house calls."

"Oh, Christian you're silly, I heard Ana was here." She answers him glancing at me, "I was going to see if she would like to catch a late dinner with me. I haven't gotten see you, I think we should catch up."

"Oh, of course, let me get dressed." I say, I turn to make my way back to the bedroom to change. Christian is at my heels, whispering in my ear, just the sound of his voice makes my heart skip a beat.

"You don't have to go," He murmurs, his hand touching my hip, "You know that don't you?"

"I know I don't have to," I say back glancing at him following behind me, "But I feel like I should."

                                                                   **************

Grace and I decided to go to The Mile-High club, that Christian owns, not that Escala. The car ride was silent which made me nervous, I was afraid to talk about my mom, I didn't want to. I already know what will come of it, Ray's always made out to be the bad guy, but he never was; Ray saved me.

After we'd been seated neither of us spoke, it was beginning to feel a bit ridiculous, I remember when Christian and I first stopped speaking. When I would call Grace would always be the one put in the hot seat and left to come up for an excuse for him when he would refuse to come to the phone. For some time, I was mad at her too, then I decided that it wasn't worth being angry with anyone, I'd gotten over it. Then he wriggled his way back into my life, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

"So, what's on your mind Grace," I asked, feeling a bit brave, after the waiter went to get our drinks, she was looking over at the bar as though that's where she wanted to be at the moment. It probably was. "I'm really not trying to be rude, but we both know you didn't bring me here to sit in silence."

"Ana," She began, and just the way she said it, I knew what was coming next, I suddenly wasn't sure if I was ready for this conversation. But it was going to happen, regardless. "I think it's time you know things. I think you're old enough. I already know that Christian told you about Keith, and Baby Girl it doesn't end there."

"Then where does it end?" I ask, completely exasperated, Grace looked surprised. My mother was never a good topic of conversation, there are things that even in her death, I didn't truly forgive her for.

"I want to talk about your childhood." She said simply, probably just pushing the sentence out to get it over with. "I want to talk about the things that you remember, the bad things."

And I then, just that simply, stopped breathing.