Chapter 16

I had worked all day on Yukai's lifeless body. It seemed like time stood still all day long. Little by little, I broke each spell that was keeping Yukai between me and the dark ruler. After hours that seemed to last like an eternity, I managed to break the last set of spells.

"I don't think he's responding." Riuyo shuddered.

"He should. Unless he's out of energy to even think." I shrugged.

Yukai suddenly sprung up from the hospital bed and landed behind me. I suddenly froze in place as I felt Yukai's breath against my neck. The way he suddenly held on to my shoulders sent chills all over my back.

"Na-..." Yukai tried to speak before I cut him off.

"Yukai... I have to talk to you... Alone." I managed to say.

He stood there without an answer. The silence in the room was really awkward for a moment. Everyone was staring at how I kept my body calm.

"S-... Sure. As you wish." Yukai agreed and he waited for me to lead the way.

I led Yukai down the hall and we entered an empty classroom. I was a little nervous at first but before I could start talking, Yukai had beat me to it.

"I have to tell you something. It might be crazy but it's true." Yukai started.

"I have to tell you something too but you can continue since you started before me." I said as I tried to stay calm.

"I think you should go first. You're normally full of exciting stories." He said with a small chuckle.

"I wanna know how you got that scratch on your arm." I said, giving a false topic.

Yukai just started at his arm and back at me with a confused expression. He seemed confused as he tried to recall how he exactly got that wound on his arm. I looked away to hide all signs of lying but he just extended his arm towards me, giving me a clear view of the injury.

"You can touch it if you want. I can endure the pain." He said, acting bravely.

I laughed a bit at his way of acting. Bracing myself for the gruesome sensation of freshly torn flesh, I started to slide my finger tips across the edge of the cuts. They were so detailed that I could easily slip my fingers in between each cut.

"Can you believe it? One minute I'm daydreaming in class about a different world and of a fight with some monsters and the next thing I know, I find my arm covered in cuts and quickly losing blood." Yukai sighed.

"What kind of monsters?" I asked with a nervous tone.

"Just some dragons." He answered with a small hiss from the pain.

"Oh. That must have been really interesting." I sighed in relief.

"Actually, the dragons didn't seem to hurt me. There was some creature with dragon wings. It pounced at me and I shook it off before I could notice that I had gotten attacked by it." Yukai said and tried to pull his arm away.

I hadn't noticed that my claws had grown out to full length and made a perfect fit with the claw marks. Yukai was staring at how my claws were sinking into his flesh and he started to freeze up. I avoided eye contact with him, hoping to get an angry response or something like that. Instead he just placed his hand on my shoulder and looked at me with a serious face.

"I want you to be honest with me now... Tell me what you wanted to say and don't avoid the topic. I told you something that sounds crazy, now it's your turn." He said in a calming voice.

"Don't be mad at me for saying this." I shuddered. I tried to continue but I held back my emotions and continued to talk. "I'm... What you call a hybrid. I'm a mix of a vampire, werewolf, dragon and siren. You were scouting the outskirts of my kingdom and I chased you down. I caused the cuts in your arm."

The whole room just went silent. Not a sound was heard from both of us. I could feel my heart racing as fast as it could. Yukai came up to me, gave me a hug and then walked towards the door.

"You finally got to tell me the truth. I kinda knew already that it was you. You have that wild energy that I'll never understand. Don't worry... Your secret is safe with me. We're friends after all." He said and then walked out the door.

I've never felt like this. Something was telling me that I should go after him and tell him the rest but another part of me kept saying that it wasn't time yet. I walked out the door and went towards the lunch room. I sat down with Riuyo and the others before I started to eat my feelings with cake.

"Naku? You alright? You only ate fifteen slices of cake today. That's the same amount as your first course during your breakfast." Riuyo asked worried.

"I'm fine. Just a little bit sidetracked." I said as I poked my sixteenth cake slice with a fork.

"You told Yukai about the wounds?" Jinriu asked.

"Yeah." I sighed.

"Someone wants to be with his brother." Shibaki taunts.

"He'll be with me soon. I just have to get him on the right path. Only then can I tell him the whole story." I said before quickly eating my cake slice.

"Hey Naku, about your sec-... Sorry. I didn't mean to almost tell." Yukai stops himself.

"It's ok. They also know. They grew up with me." I reassured.

"We finally get to meet Yukai Metsachi. You must know that it is customary to bow in front of master. He's Royalty." Kuriagi states in a firm tone.

"I-I'm sorry. I didn't know." Yukai said as he took a couple of steps back and bowed at me.

"Rise." I ordered, letting my manners take over my actions. "Sorry you had to find out the hard way. That was also another secret."

"Any other secrets?" Yukai asked as he sat next to me.

"Riuyo is a vampire, Kuriagi is a werewolf, Shibaki is a siren, but I call him a mermaid, Jinriu is a dragon and I guess that's it. Oh, and I'm here from another dimension because I'm hiding from a dark ruler who wants me dead, use my corpse as proof to my kingdom that he's in control and then take over my dimension believe it or not that was the short version." I said, trying to catch my breath.

"You need a sniper? I can help." Yukai said with a smile.

I smiled back and whispered in a low voice "Thanks bro."