Chapter 20

"Seriously? You think I would let you escape that easily?" Kaizuke asked.

"Honestly, I forgot about you." I said bluntly.

"You won't forget me when I get these claws through you." He threatened.

Before he could get in his battle position, I was already dashing towards him and in a blink of an eye, I bit his neck, pulled out the necklace that was controlling his mind and undid the spell that was on him.

"How did you-..." Kaizuke asked before I cut him off.

"You were too busy with your stance so I just went in and fixed you up." I shrugged.

"Sorry to interrupt this interesting conversation but we have to talk about something." Riuyo announced.

"About what?" I asked.

"The reason we found you so quickly when we left was because there was nothing at the castle grounds. All of the workers there were turned to statues. Your parents too." Shibaki explained with fear of my reaction.

I stood in place as the words echoed in my head. While I was in the other world, my parents were fighting a constant battle against the Dark Ruler. I shouldn't have been careless. I should've acted sooner. I turned towards Kaizuke and saw Yukai next to him. I noticed that everyone was either in shock or frustrated by the events that had unfolded during our absence.

"We have to get out of here while we still can. I'm sure that some guards are on their way after hearing those explosions." I planned.

"I think it's time to go to war. We should head to the castle grounds. We might find some useful weapons." Kuriagi suggested.

"Uh-oh. No time to think now. The guards are here." Shibaki panicked.

"No worries. Just stay on my trail." I reassured as I headed towards the guards.

I dashed through the groups that were blocking the way out of the main hall. Once we got out, we stopped at a crossroads in the Dark Ruler's castle. The place was so different from what I was used to that I got lost.

"Are you sure that you know where to go?" Riuyo asked.

"Nope. I was carried here with a hazy eyesight." I said as I stared at Yukai for being responsible.

"Hey, don't blame me. I was only following orders against my will." Yukai defended.

"We're in a tight situation here so let's point out names later." Kuriagi complained.

"I agree with Kuriagi. This isn't the time to sit around." I nodded.

Just as we left through the main entrance, we got ambushed by guards on the outside. Everyone was already tired from all that running and I knew that they wouldn't make it through the fight. I was left alone to take out the guards.

"I need motivation. I don't think I can take them on all at once by myself." I confessed.

"Oh! I have a great way to get you motivated." Riuyo gleamed.

"What's with that face. You look lik you're about to get revenge on someone." Shibaki asked.

"Trust me. This will work like a charm. Naku... I'm afraid to tell you this, but... The guards took all of your sweets." Riuyo chuckled.

I knew he was lying but that one sentence was all that it took to set me off. I slowly turned towards the guards and they took a step back when they saw how insane I had become.

"THEY... DID... WHAT???!!!!!" I yelled. Without a second thought, I was already ripping heads off and clawing my way through the massive group of guards.

"Told you it would work." Riuyo smiled at Shibaki.

"Oh what a beautiful sight." Kaizuke sighed.

Everyone was looking at Kaizuke like if he was just as insane as I was at the time. The anger I showed in the battlefield was enough to show everyone else what I was capable of doing whenever I were to be ticked off.

"Riuyo, don't you ever get me like that again." I commanded as I finished off the remaining guards.

"You showed no mercy." Riuyo cheered.

"Let's go before we get caught up in another fight like that." I suggested while I caught my breath.

We headed out of the maze-like castle and caught a glimpse of light that was coming from the outside. I never noticed that the dark kingdom was so close to a cave entrance. That just proves to me that I was careless when I was in my scouting missions.

"Wait. Don't go!" I heard a voice call in the distance.

I turned towards the voice and saw a girl running towards me. I couldn't remember her from the distance but when she got closer, the name came clear as crystal.

"T-Takira?!" I asked in shock.

"How did she get here?" Riuyo asked.

"If I knew, I wouldn't be shocked like this." I answered.

"How did you get here?" Yukai asked.

"Honestly, it took me a lot of practice to get here. Naku left some books in his locker and one of the pages revealed a magic circle with a couple of spells. They were hard to say the first time but I got a hang of it. That's how I got here. You should really keep a tight lock on that book. When I read one of your spells, I almost blew up my closet." Takira said as she came to a stop next to me.

She handed me the spell book and, at that instant, I knew that she wasn't lying. At first, I was confused but then I couldn't help but wonder how a normal human girl stay good and pure in a place like this.

"I'll make sure to keep this in a safer place next time." I said as I took the book from her.

She smiled a bit but that smile turned into a tearful face in a matter of minutes. I pulled her close and comforted her with a hug. She hugged me back but pushed me aside.

"I haven't been truthful with you Naku Tsukishiro." She said in a cracked voice.