Chapter 27

"What do you mean?" I asked with short breaths.

"You're really clueless when you're under blood loss. You even repeat yourself because you're dizzy." Yukai explained as he kept outlining his wrists.

"I still don't understand." I nodded confused. "What are you even doing?"

"Don't worry. I'll explain everything in a couple of seconds." Yukai answered.

With that said, he gripped tighter to the dagger and cut his wrist open. He placed his wrist close to my mouth and let the blood trickle down to my lips. The sudden taste of his blood was enough to send me on a feeding frenzy and it was hard to control myself. Even with a gaping hole in my chest, I pushed his hand away, flipped him over, pinned him on the ground, gripped his neck and sunk my fangs to his right side of exposed skin.

"Quick, pull him off of Yukai!" Riuyo panicked.

Their efforts to pry me off were useless. The more they tried to pull me off, the deeper I would sink my fangs to Yukai's neck. After a couple of tries, Rojin managed to pry me off but I ended up ripping off a huge chunk of Yukai's neck.I swallowed the whole chunk of flesh before I could speak a word.

"Thanks for the snack... Bro." I smirked as I saw the wounds disappear.

"You think he'll make it? You left a gaping hole on the side of his neck." Satori asked nervously.

"Relax. He'll be fine. We had a deal." I smiled as Yukai fought to maintain consciousness.

"What was that deal you guys made?" Kuriagi asked.

"That I would stay alive. If he were to be seriously wounded, I would be the one to save him. The only way I could was to turn him into a hybrid." I explained.

"What we're you thinking?! The sudden rush of different venoms on a single human body can result in a horrible accident. He can die from it." Rojin panicked.

"He has a hybrid DNA. He'll make it." I brushed off.

Just as I said that, Yukai lost consciousness. It was like if I had jinxed him. Everyone stared at me with an annoying glare. I couldn't help but laugh nervously at what happened.

"You just had to say it." Riuyo said sarcastically.

"His fault for being weak." I pointed out.

"What do you think went wrong?" Shibaki asked.

"Blood loss isn't it. He's still gushing like a sprinkler." Riuyo puzzled.

"A really tasty sprinkler." I said with a spaced out tone.

"Master, snap out of it." Satori said as he shook me.

"What? I'm fine... Actually, no. I'm hungry." I complained.

"No time to think about food. We're trying to help your brother out." Kuriagi stated in a hurry.

"Fine. He's weak because he's not pumping enough venom through his veins. At this rate, the vanes will clot and that can lead to a possible cardiac arrest. We need to push his chest in order to keep the venom flowing. We can forget about his blood for now, he's not gonna need it in a hurry yet." I explained like if I was in a hospital reality show.

"Any other suggestions?" Jinriu asked.

"Since I put in all six venom types at once, the best thing to do is to make it flow individually. You can all work on different extremities of his body simultaneously and switch sections once you finish with your current extremity. While all of you do that, I'll get some sweets and probably sit on top of Yukai's body." I went on explaining.

Once we finished working on Yukai's body, we were noticing some strange reactions that were occurring in his nervous system. The venom finished setting into his system, started to take full effect and went on with healing Yukai. After Yukai was healed, he suddenly woke up with an empty expression.

"Yukai?" Kuriagi asked.

Yukai stared at Kuriagi within an instant. "What's going on with me?" He asked.

"Yukai, you're a hybrid now." I explained.

"I... I can't be. I was supposed to die there." He stuttered.

"What makes you say that?" Shibaki asked.

"The reason why I told Naku to make the deal with me was because I was meant to die in this battle." He shivered.

"Well... You didn't. So suck it up and eat something sweet. It might help you feel better. I know it always makes me feel better." I smiled as I bit my newly opened chocolate bar.

"We have to go follow the Dark Ruler. I have a good idea to his current whereabouts." Yukai planned.

"Normally, I would teach you how to use your powers but, since we're going all out no matter what, I'm gonna let you loose until we take him down." I said before opening a lollipop and started to eat it.

We crossed back to my dimension and started searching for the Dark Ruler in my castle. We came up to the secret room and hid there while we made plans.

"The Dark Ruler wants to become king, right? The only way to do that, is to be crowned king. He's probably searching for this room as we speak. This room was user to make the crowns for the next heir to the throne. Why not make the crown with the gems?" I puzzled as I showed the gems to the others.

"I thought we have a plan." Shibaki gleamed.

"We'll have to lure him to this room with something." Yukai planned.

"I'll act as bait. I'll stay in my room, making as much noise as I can, to get the Dark Ruler to find me. Once he finds me, I'll make sure he chased me down and finds this place." I explained.

Everyone was all in with the idea, so we put our plan into action. I ran towards the hallway that lead to my room and, when I was opening the door, I came face to face with the most horrific scene in the history of crime scenes.