Chapter 25

The way that the Dark Ruler had his armor on was unsettling. I saw that something was shining from within the chest plate. They were easily distinguished by the six different colors. I knew that he had stolen them from the secret room from the castle. The other two were still intact on their rightful place. Why would he take the other six if he needs all eight of them?

"Nice lights. Where'd you get them?" I smirked.

My question was enough to stop him in his tracks. He held on to the necklace that was holding the gems. With a troubled look, he stared at me.

"D-don't... Just don't." He shuddered.

"Come on Dark. We all know where you got them." I taunted.

"That's not really my name." He slightly argued.

"Really? Because, if I remember correctly, you kept calling yourself by that name." I replied coldly.

Yukai walked towards me and whispered "I'll go to the castle and get the other two gems. They'll be safe with me and I'll give them to you if you need them".

"Thanks. I'll make sure to keep the Dark Ruler at bay." I smiled.

With that said, I activated a Necrocircle and sent Yukai through. Once I made sure it was safe to close the Necrocircle, I broke it and held on to one of the shards.

"Too distracted." The Dark Ruler grinned and he dashed towards me.

"You wish." I taunted and I ran at him.

We were both evenly matched. It was like if we were in perfect sync. With thunder clouds gathering in the night sky, I used the weather to my advantage. I caused it to rain and the ground got covered with several centimeters of water. Just enough to make some water circles. The water avoided me and I was completely dry, but you could still see the scales on my skin and the fins on my hands. The Dark Ruler ran into the school and avoided getting wet for some reason. All I could do was follow him and fish him out of his hiding place.

"What's wrong kitty cat? Afraid of some water?" I chuckled as I walked slowly through the dark hallways.

"I'm not afraid of water. I just don't like to get rained on." He argued.

"Oh come on Dark. It's useless to play the innocent one with me. I already know the truth about you. You really had me shocked at first but then I just decided that it would be easier to kill you instead of hearing your lame attempts at begging for forgiveness." I said in a psychotic voice.

"Oh dear. I think the demon got out without even some music." Satori shuddered behind me.

"Boys, make yourselves useful and split up. The school has about ten watch towers, we should go to one and keep watch." I planned.

We all left to find a watch tower that we can occupy. On my way to one, I stumbled across a map of the school. The structures and the foundation were really odd. I cracked open the glass case and took the map. Once I got up to a tower, I signaled everyone else that something was really interesting about this school.

"Naku, is something wrong?" Riuyo asked through a communication circle.

"Do you have a map of the school nearby?" I asked after connecting everyone else to the circle.

"I do." Shibaki cheered.

"So do I." Kuriagi answered.

"Why do you ask?" Jinriu wondered.

"Take a really good look at it. Try blurring out your vision if you have to. What do you see?" I asked.

"I... I see a Necrocircle." Rojin shuddered.

"What do you think it means?" Saturday asked.

"It means that this place is most likely to summon something. Something huge." I answered.

"That's impossible. The only way to activate a Necrocircle this big would be with the magic gems. And there are six of them." Riuyo explained.

"If you took a close look at Dark, what did you notice?" I pointed out.

"His new outfit. I think he likes to wear clothes like that. Especially with those colors that were lighting up." Rigeki said.

"Impossible. Only I can wear such amazing clothes like that." I brushed off. "Those were four of the six gems that he needed. The other two were left behind at the castle. That's why-... Oh no."

"What's wrong?" Rojin asked.

"I sent Yukai there to get them." I panicked a bit.

"So? They're in safe hands. What's the matter?" Satori asked.

"The size of the circle is big enough to summon a Necrovatus." I answered.

"You mean those giant demon-like creatures that are made up of magic energy?!" Jinriu asked shocked.

"No, the little, defenseless, cute, fluffy bunnies that have purple streaks on their bodies and nibble on your fingers when you feed them- OF COURSE THE DEMON-LIKE BEASTS!!!" I said panicking sarcastically.

"Y-you know... I didn't want to summon a Necrovatus." Dark said when he crept up from behind me.

"Not this again." I sighed before kicking him in the stomach and running down the stairs.

I opened a Necrocircle and was about to go to the castle, until Yukai came through it.

"Here. I brought the gems." He said as he handed them to me.

"No. Take them and run as far as you can from me. If Dark finds us together, he'll take the gems and summon a Necrovatus." I warned.

Yukai took the gems and put them in his pockets. When we heard the Dark Ruler coming down the stairs, I ran to one side and he ran the other way. Naturally, the Dark ruler would come after me, so I stood at a dead end and waited for him to find me.

"Come at me and finish me off!" I yelled and my voice started echoing through the halls.

"You got guts kid. We'll never forget that. Good luck with the Dark Ruler. We'll stand by and wait. If things get out of hand, we'll be there in five seconds flat." Rojin chuckled.

Everything was quiet and we were all anxious to see what would happen. The rain got heavier and lighting was sparking all over the place. Just as a lightning bolt hit the ground outside of the hallway, the Dark Ruler appeared.

"Did you have fun kicking me around? Now it's my turn." He said as he cracked his knuckles, walked towards me and held on to his mask before taking it off, revealing his face.