Chapter 30

I had collapsed on the floor after hearing what Dark said. There was no way that it could ever be true. Dark's name wasn't actually Dark, it was Kurai Tsukishiro. I didn't want to accept it, but the reason he fought for the crown was because he was created by my father. He was like Takira. He was an artificial consciousness that had all of the hybrid genetics to become the first hybrid prince.

"I thought an artificial consciousness can't become a ruler." I puzzled.

"So did everyone else." Kurai started.

-Flashback and narration-

Our father was desperate for an heir to the throne because he thought he was going to be overthrown. In his research, he found a possibility to transfer the hybrid genes to an artificial consciousness.

"Design an artificial consciousness as soon as you can." He ordered.

"Right away." The assistants replied.

With the order given, they worked on Kurai's body. Once he was finished, he was given his consciousness and everything went fine. The first couple of days went by like every other normal day. Kurai was getting used to his abilities and he was ready for training. Year after year, Kurai trained with the most dangerous methods that were used at the time. In a few years, Kurai became the amazing teenager that was standing before me. That was... Until that day.

"Kurai, I need you to go on a scouting mission. Bring back the best material you can find." My father said.

"Will do dad." He waved and was on his way.

After a couple of hours, Kurai returned. He was wounded and looked awfully sick. Turns out that he was caught up in battle and was the only one fighting. He had engaged in a haunting of Necrovatai and wanted to get the claws to make my father proud. One of the Necrovatai had thrown Kurai against a wall and he landed in a cave. The same cave where he had secretly built his empire. After that he said he's never felt the same as before. Each day, he got filled with darkness until it consumed him from the inside.

"Kurai, please make it. If you don't make it, I might not have an heir to the throne." My father panicked.

"I'm not making any promises." He answered coldly.

Months had passed and Kurai healed nicely. Father was relieved to hear the news and he came into the room where Kurai was.

"You're going to be the next king of this dimension." He said happily.

On the day of the coronation, my mother had given birth to me and Yukai, the first natural born hybrid prince and his brother. Kurai was devastated by the news, so he waged war on my father and his kingdom. The war had lasted months and the world became a battle field. Every fight was a savage blood bath. Vampires being ordered to get ripped apart limb from limb, Werewolves were to be hunted down and skinned alive, the dragons were to be slain by sawing parts of their wings off and sirens were ordered to be burned on hot volcanic  rock.

The king never approved of such behavior and set out a team of members of each clan to destroy the leader known as the Dark Ruler. The team returned victorious and they vanquished the Dark Ruler... Or so they thought. Little did they know that the matter would befall on the new hybrid and his team.

-flashback ends-

I puzzled to find an explanation to Kurai and his behavior. I came to a conclusion that, when Kurai landed from being thrown by the Necrovatus, the rough landing on a stalagmite had caused a piece of the stalagmite to pierce his neck and break off inside his brain stem. This could've caused a change in his consciousness and triggered his evil thirst for power.