Chapter 29

"And there goes our one small opportunity." I sighed.

"If you were so kind enough as to give me that crown, I'd be eternally grateful." Dark said as he reached out to grab the crown.

"No no,boo boo. You're really thirsty for power, aren't you?" I said as I backed him off.

"You're not fit to have it." Yukai said as he held tight to the crown.

"Says who?" Dark smirked.

"That's it!" I yelled and rammed him over.

I grew out my claws and started to jab them in his throat. Somehow, his wounds would heal faster than any other shadow creature that I've fought before. The thing was... He was actually healing.

"You can't be... What exactly are you?" I asked in shock.

"I'm not a shadow made from darkness, that's for sure." He said with a blood curdling voice.

I shivered a bit at the sound of the blood gurgling in his mangled throat. He smiled before kicking me off of him. I was struggling to get him to stay in one place but he was running all around, dodging me. I was trying to locate him but I missed his strike and got my eyes clawed by his silver gauntlets. I was blinded by the cuts on my eyes and I couldn't attack properly.

"Don't worry. These gauntlets are only two percent silver. You'll be blinded temporarily. You will feel more pain than what I felt, however. Let's just make the most of this." He chuckled.

"Guys, I need you to leave. This is a fight between us two." I ordered.

I heard everyone leave and silence quickly filled the room. I heard the metal clanking on Dark's armor and the sound of my breathing. My vision started to come back but it was still painfully blurry.

"Here goes nothing." I heard Dark whisper to himself.

I waited patiently for some activity but all I got was empty silence. Not a sound was heard from either of us. Not even the metal of the armor. That's when I felt a kick on my stomach. It wasn't a kick but it felt like if I was hit with a whole body.

"Ok... Not what I planned." I heard Yukai say.

"So... What happened?" I grunted as I got up.

"Simple. Dark used me as a bat and hit you like a baseball." Yukai explained.

After I got up, I brushed off the dust, cleared my vision, chuckled a bit and immediately took off and tackled Dark. I pushed him hard enough to make him go through a couple of walls. I had no time to think, knowing how fast Dark actually is. I just kept on hitting and busting him up.

"Yukai, get your gun!" I yelled from the distance.

Yukai quickly left to get his gun. At first, I focused on the fight, but then, I saw something glistening on the floor. It was the crown that I forged from the gems. Yukai must've dropped it when Dark used him as a baseball bat. I dashed towards the crown and got it a couple of seconds before Dark could reach it. Just as I got it, Yukai came running back with his sniper rifle. He dropped into his sniper position and waited for my mark. Instead of giving him a signal or something, I gave him a massive target. I created a haunting of Necrovatai and used their bodies to create a base for the final shot.

"What are those? And why are you moving them towards me?" Yukai panicked.

"They are just a multiplication of the standard Necrovatus. One of them is dangerous, but a haunting of them can result to be useful." I explained.

Once they were all in place, I lit a single Necrocircle. Yukai was confused but alert. With the central circle in place, I made multiple Necrocircles made of Necrocircles. Little by little, I managed to make a meta-circle. I signaled at the center of the meta-circle and Yukai noticed that it was where I had rammed Dark. Dark was still struggling to get unstuck from the wall.

"Yukai, we don't have time. This is our only chance. Who knows when our next chance can roll through?" I warned.

"I'm aiming. I don't think the bullet will make it in time." He said trembling.

"Relax. It'll slow him down. That's what we want, right? I can handle it from there." I planned out.

Just like the situation with the Droigron, Yukai let out his triple shot and it hit Dark in the shoulder. Again, he let out a triple shot and it hit Dark on his side. He started to get annoyed by the low accuracy of the gun and took a better aim. He shot once again and it finally hit a vital point.

"Why doesn't he die already?" Yukai yelled.

"Relax. You did more than enough." I brushed off.

I put on the gem crown and felt completely different. I grew out my fangs, claws, wings, scales, light and shadow vectors and I went on to finish the battle. As I got closer to the Dark Ruler, the walls started to crack. My strength was enough to push him deeper into the wall. I walked through the meta-circle and the Necrovatai got reduced to dust. As I got closer, I felt a sweet sensation of death that was crawling all over my body.

"Tell us the real reason why you want this crown. This is your final warning." I growled.

I cornered Dark into revealing his plan. He was being crafty as I got closer to him. I knew that it would be effortless to finish him off if I got to sense a small lie. With the tiniest of lie, even if it were about a one percent lie, I would finish him off. Right then and there. This was the moment of truth.

"So? Anything?" I asked impatiently.

Dark breathed heavily as he trembled in fear of my close proximity to him. He shuddered as he felt my claws wrap around his throat, ready to rip his head clean off. At this point, he had to tell me everything.

"The truth is... I'm-..."