Chapter 26

I finally got to see how the Dark Ruler looked like behind the mask. Apparently, the rumors turned out to be wrong. His face wasn't covered in scars. He seemed perfectly fine to me. He looked exactly like me. The only difference was that his armor made him look better than me. I was a bit jealous of his appearance at first. The only person who was allowed to rock an outfit like that, was me. Why do the bad guys look totally awesome when they copy the hero? If they're gonna look that awesome, why be evil? I just started at the floor and continued to talk.

"I was just getting started. You're really fun to kick around. You bounce back quicker than a soccer ball." I taunted with a grin.

"You insolent brat!" He yelled and started running towards me.

"Stop it right there hot shot." I smiled as I placed my hand on his chest, causing him to stop in his tracks and run out of breath.

He fell on the floor and didn't notice that I pulled the necklace, with the gems, off of him. I put my hands in my pockets, pretending that nothing happened.

"You... Will pay." The Dark Ruler said between short breaths.

"How about... no." I smirked.

"Well then... How about... Die." He smiled.

I was so busy with the confusion that I ignored the Dark Ruler's attacks. With little time to think, I dodged as many attacks as I could. One after the other, they kept on hitting me with force. By the time he finished, I was all covered in gash wounds.

"Had enough?" The Dark Ruler said with short breaths.

"I feel sorry for you. If this is what you got, you should fire your training instructor." I chuckled.

I started bleeding a bit on my forehead when Yukai appeared in the hallway. He was running at full speed when he saw my cuts.

"I'm helping you." He smiled once he reached me.

"Both of you are fools. You really think that you can destroy me without powers?" The Dark Ruler taunted.

"Listen... Dark...honey... You act like a child. Honestly, this is just pointless." I chuckled.

"Since when has he been acting like this? He's been really cocky lately." Yukai asked.

"I don't know. I just got here. It's been a couple of minutes since the fight started, yet it felt like hours." Dark answered back.

"Yukai, don't trust him. He's been acting innocently since we got here." I said furiously.

"Yeah, but you should tone it down a couple of bars. We want to fight him, not wipeout the entire school." Yukai explained.

"Right... Well, now that tea time is over, let's get back to our regularly scheduled program." I joked.

Those words alone seemed to get everyone pumped up. Dark and Yukai were going all out on each other while I used magic on the back lines. When Yukai seemed to run out of energy, he would strike at Dark and then signal me to switch formations. That's when I would step in to the front lines and he would retreat and cover me with his guns.

"Naku, look out!" Yukai warned.

I turned around, but it was too late. Dark had already broken a piece of the door frame off and was running towards me. Before I could move, he had already driven the wooden plank through my chest, piercing it all the way through. I let out a blood curdling cough and desperately tried to get the planks off of my body. It was no use to even bother trying. The more I struggled to get the wood off, the deeper Dark would drive it through. I felt like I was being set on fire. My body was in agonizing pain. At that moment, I realized that I wasn't the only one who was feeling that kind of pain. Next to my motionless body, lied Yukai. His chest was also bleeding from a new wound.

"Oh? What have we here? Looks like I hit the jackpot with you two. Killing two souls for the sacrifice of one?! Not very satisfying, but it sure is fun to watch." Dark marveled.

Yukai tried to reach my body but was unable to do so when Dark spotted him and stepped on his arm. I could feel the pressure of Yukai's arm on mine and saw that he was about to split it in half with his heel.

"Your business is with me, Dark." I grunted.

"Oh, just shut up and keep quiet, you stupid dog. I'm having fun." Dark complained.

I was forced to make a tough choice. I would either die and take Yukai with me, or release Yukai from the blood bond that we have and die at the very instant.

"Yukai... I'm terribly sorry for this." I said in a low voice.

Before I could do anything else, Yukai stood up. He walked towards his sniper rifle and fell into his shooting position. He was aiming at Dark, but I saw that he was looking at the wooden planks that were lodged in my chest.

"Don't break your promise,bro. I thought we had a deal." He smirked and took the shot.

Dark disappeared from the scene when he heard the gunshot and so did his energy force. That could only mean that he had traveled back to my dimension to take shelter from the attack.

"Naku!" Riuyo yelled.

I didn't respond to the sound of everyone running towards me. Even Yukai crawled back to my side in his current state.

"Naku, don't die on me. We had a deal. Don't back out now." Yukai said without his breath.

"Don't worry about me. I have time to get this off before I die. Don't worry about me. I'll make sure you take my place as King when I move on." I said between tears.

"Nonsense. You're not going to die." Yukai said as he outlined his arm with my dagger.