Chapter 16: Special Chapter

Part 1

Tyler's POV:

"Why did you do that?!" Tyler demanded, facing his brother. The two winged toms stood together on a high branch of one of the twisting trees of the Dark Forest, far away from any eavesdroppers.

Strike snarled and scored his claws down the length of the branch. "What are you so angry about? I gave Silvershy the punishment she deserved! She broke your heart, therefore I get to break hers!"

Tyler seethed, his grip on the branch slipping as he replied in a hushed tone. "I know you meant to help me, but it did nothing but hurt me further. Hurting the cat I love will not mend my scars." When his paws lost their hold, he spread out his wings and fell clumsily onto the branch below with a hiss.

Strike glared down at his brother. "I did what I had to do, you should be grateful!"

Tyler hissed and lashed his tail. He hated Strike for hurting Silvershy like that. He never wanted her to be put through grief, and yet he had stood there and watched as Strike killed Eagleflight and showed Silvershy. He could've done something, but his loyalty to his brother had stopped him. He hated himself for it, more than he hated Strike. "I am grateful that you care about me enough to do something like that, but please never do anything like it again."

Strike dropped down onto the same branch as Tyler, the wood groaning under their combined weight. "Look Tyler, I don't know what it's like to love anyone so you can't expect me to understand why what I did was such a bad thing."

Tyler ducked his head under Strike's burning red gaze. "I'm sorry."

"There's no need to be sorry." Strike sighed and briefly touched noses with Tyler before leaping off the branch, flying down to the ground.

_____________________________________

Nutwhisker's POV:

It was the night following Eagleflight's death, and Nutwhisker was in a dream. He stood in an empty clearing, the bushes around him lined with thick fog. The ground underpaw was oddly cold and the sky dark.

Before long, the familiar eyes of NoName appeared from the darkness and Nutwhisker frowned. He stayed perfectly still from where he sat in the centre of the clearing, facing the red she cat as she emerged fully from the fog. "Nutwhisker." She greeted him with a sly grin. "I have some shocking news for you."

"News? About what?" Nutwhisker asked, watching as she halted a safe distance away from him, her shadows coating her like a second pelt.

"Why don't I show you?" NoName chuckled and flicked her tail, her shadows slowly making their way towards Nutwhisker.

Nutwhisker stood up, taking a few quick steps back. "I'd rather not." His claws were itching to sink into her fur, but he had no fighting experience and would be killed in an instant.

The shadows paused barely a tail-length away from him, hovering just above the ground. NoName looked at Nutwhisker with slight amusement. "You don't want to know the valuable information I gathered from Starclan specifically for you?"

"Tell me what you discovered, there is no need for your shadows." Nutwhisker kept his gaze on the black mist that was slowly inching closer, as if it were pulling against NoName's commands- testing her control over it.

NoName shook her head. "What I have stumbled upon is not to be told, but rather shown." A glint in her glowing white eyes told Nutwhisker that all she wanted to see was his reaction to the discovery.

"Fine, then show me." Nutwhisker sighed in defeat, his curiousity overpowering his common sense. He took in a sharp breath as the shadows immediately continued their advance on him. The darkness made contact with his paws and his whole body went cold. As it twined up his legs and made its way around his body Nutwhisker lost his balance and fell on his side, hissing as his body began shaking and shivering. Finally, the shadows reached his head and everything turned dark.