Chapter 24: Final Chapter

Silvershy's POV:

The fire burned around the two leaders and Rabbitstar's pain-filled cries filled the air. Stormstar was oddly silent as he burned- was he already dead? Silvershy watched, body stiff. Please let Stormstar survive. She begged Starclan.

Flare stood beside her, staring as well. In fact the whole fight had paused, everyone watching in rigid silence as they waited to see who emerged alive or dead from the burning flames.

After what seemed like an eternity, the flames stopped abruptly to reveal two burned bodies. Both were dead. Silvershy wondered if either of them would awaken again. There was a loud wail from the throng of cats and Silvershy looked to see Secretbee staring at his leader's body. "No! Rabbitstar wake up!" The deputy rushed to the charred body of Rabbitstar, collapsing by his side.

No one else moved a muscle as the Magiclan deputy waited for his leader to move or show any signs of waking up.

Suddenly, Stormstar let out a gasp for breath. The black tom jolted to life, the cocoon of ash around his body slowly flaking off to reveal he was fully healed and alive. As Stormstar recovered from losing a life, all eyes turned expectantly to Rabbitstar. But the Magiclan leader still did not stir.

The sun was dipping behind the sea by the time Stormstar announced. "Rabbitstar is dead!"

The Magiclan cats were forced into stunned silence, the quiet only broken by Secretbee's mournful wail. Not soon after, the Magiclan cats began to follow Secretbee's lead, wailing their grief, but some stayed silent with relief plastered on their faces. The rogues had fled, hopefully leaving Lightclan territory forever.

Silvershy caught sight of he white tom with blue eyes she had injured and saw him pad slowly up to Rabbitstar's remains. "For Waterpaw and Bluestorm." He murmured softly, so softly that Silvershy had to strain her ears to hear.

Stormstar cut off Magiclan's grieving with a low growl. "Leave our territory, and never return."

Secretbee carefully picked up Rabbitstar's body, not saying a word of response to the LightClan leader, and slowly padded towards the camp exit.

The Lightclan warriors watched the Magiclan cats with fierce glares despite their many serious wounds.

Once the last Magiclan warrior stalked out of camp, the whole of Lightclan slumped in relief and finally let their exhaustion take over.

__________________________________

Flamefur's POV:

Flamefur lay in the medicine den, cobwebs wrapped tightly around her belly and neck. Her wounds stung and throbbed, but the worst of the pain was over. The quarter moon shone low in the sky, the camp coated in darkness. Nutwhisker and Shinewing were tending to Dapplegrey, who sat beside her. The light grey she cat's head was hung low with exhaustion but her eyes were bright.

"We beat Magiclan." The senior warrior breathed. "We did it."

"We did." Flamefur murmured, wincing when her neck wound hurt. "Any deathes?" She hadn't had the chance to see the aftermath of the fight; she had woken up inside the medicine cave not long ago. The strange tom who had saved her life was no where to be found.

"Besides Rabbitstar and Metalclaw? None." Dapplegrey smiled. "It's a miracle."

"That's a surprise, we're usually quite good at losing cats in battle." Flamefur murmured.

"Perhaps Starclan is giving us mercy for once." Dapplegrey replied, glancing briefly at the entrance tunnel where a pool of moonlight shone through.

Flamefur sighed and laid her head on her paws, closing her eyes to rest some more.

____________________________________

Stormstar's POV:

"I beat Rabbitstar." Stormstar murmured for the fifth time that night.

"Yes, you did." Autumnpool replied for the fifth time as well.

The leader and deputy sat on the beach, overlooking the sea. Behind them rested their camp, their clan mates safe from danger once again.

"I beat him..." Stormstar whispered, staring at the moon's reflection on the dark waves.

"You did." Autumnpool's reply was soft, reassuring.

"But the battle is not over yet." Stormstar went on, frowning at the realisation.

"It's not." Autumnpool agreed. "And it probably never will be. Even after we've beaten all of our foes, there will still be more waiting to pounce."

"And that is the life of a clan warrior." Stormstar sighed, glancing at his deputy. Lightclan had come so far since the time when he had first joined. He was glad he ran into Lightclan's territory that day. He was glad Silverstar took him prisoner there. He wondered what would've happened had he not decided to join. Would Lightclan have survived?

Stormstar chose not to dwell on the subject, and instead turned back to the sea, a slight smile on his lips.

____________________________________

THE END

SQUEEEEEEEEEEE

BONUS CHAPTER WILL BE POSTED SOOON

THANK YOU ALL SOO MUCH FOR READING

@THE_WARRIOR_WRITER

@SILVERSTXR

@WARRIORS_FANFICS

@WARRIOR_IN_THE_STARS

AND EVERYONE ELSE WHO IS READING

WITHOUT YOU THESE BOOKS WOULD BE NOTHING