.:Driving Myself Insane:. Chapter Three

"SUPRISE!!!" Everybody screamed at me. I looked around silently for the demon himself while Tina said:

"She figured it out already. What kind of people park their cars right in front of the house when you're trying to make it a surprise? You bunch of noobs." She shook her head, making a tsk-tsk-tsk sound, so you could tell she was kidding. 

Courtney came up to me and knocked the breath out of me with an air hug. I noticed that her blond hair smelled like peppermint. Is that weird? Nope! It's awesome! I want to smell like candy! Hopefully she got me the shampoo she uses. 

See what I mean what I said I can be as creepy as Tina?

Anyway, Courtney shrieked into my ear, still suffocating me, "Happy birthday!!!"

I managed to choke out, "One: It's not my birthday. Two: You're killing me." 

She stepped back, "Sorry." Then she grinned. I looked past her, checking out who else was there. There was Blake, Conan, and Jake, but no Colby? Maybe he got uninvited. Phew. At least I didn't have to worry. Skyler was there, too, but he put his arm around Tina with a huge smile on his face. Alina went up to Blake and started talking about something. My parents weren't here, but that was because this was supposed to be a 'teenage' party, I guess.

Courtney rose her eyebrow, "What're you looking for?"

Her blue eyes met with my brown ones, "Um, nothing." I said, lying. Thankfully, I was much better at lying than Tina could ever be. 

My best friend nodded slowly, "Ooh-Kay..." Then she smiled again, grabbing my arm, "Present time!" 

I frowned, letting her drag me along, "Already? Sheesh." 

Blake overheard me, so he answered, "Oh, heck yeah. Kids have to wait until the end to open the presents, but not almost-eighteen year olds."

I rolled my eyes, but still smiled. Blake was awesome, which made me question how he could be possibly related to Colby. Well, they looked a little bit a like. They both had the dark hair and blue eyes, but Colby was much more annoying! It was like he was adopted. Everyone else in his family was perfectly nice, but he just had to be the exact opposite didn't he? Wait, wait, wait. Why would I even think about him? Jeez.

I sat down on the couch, while everyone gathered around me. I always wondered why they got so close. I mean, they probably knew what other people bought me. Or maybe they wanted to see my reaction. It had only been bad once. But that was because my uncle bought me a Barbie doll when I turned five. I ended up electrocuting that thing a few hours later. That was fun.

Conan plopped a rectangular, mostly flat thing on my lap, "Bam." 

I rose my eyebrow then tore it open without hesitating. When I saw what it was, I grinned while Alina and Tina groaned and asked Conan why he would buy me Black Ops. I used to have it, and play it a lot, until someone AKA Tina fed it to our dog, Arrow. What dog eats video games!? Well, obviously our bad ass yellow lab.