.:Driving Myself Insane:. Chapter Twenty Eight

When Courtney found out about Tina's break up, she cried almost as much as my sister did. You would've thought that Tina was her best friend, not me. Then, when she found out I'd dumped Riley, she didn't cry any harder, because she saw it coming. Wasn't it weird, though? How Tina and I both broke up with our boyfriends on the same day. Alina was worried that it was a Blakeslee thing, that she would too break up with Blake, too. But Dad convinced her it would only happen to Tina and I, since we were sisters and Alina was only our cousin. So, basically, he was telling her that his two daughters had crappy luck. Great, right?

Courtney thought that visiting mom and the devil would cheer us up. But, I didn't want to see her, especially if she had the devil's spawn inside her. It was like. . .Like Jacob visiting Bella when she was pregnant with Edward's baby! Damn. I need to seriously cut it out with the Twilight references. It's scaring me. 

I'd tried arguing with her, but there's no use arguing with Courtney. She wouldn't take no for an answer. Stubborn girl. But, I couldn't stay mad at her, since she was one of the best people in the world. And one of the few people who could handle me.

So there we were, Alina, Courtney, Tina and I, in my car, driving to my mommy's house. Freaking Alina had insisted on driving, because I should be 'heartbroken and in no shape for driving,' or crap like that. Yeah, because a broken heart totally messed with your ability to drive. I knew she secretly only wanted to because my car was awesome.

Tina had stopped crying. She was just staring out the window beside me silently. Yes, Courtney sat in the passenger seat instead of me, too. But, that, I volunteered for. I wanted to sit next to my baby sister. 

I poked her in the arm. "Hi." And again. "Hi." Then again. "Hi." I did it about five more times until she sighed and looked over at me.

"What?" She asked.

"What," I frowned, "I can't say hello to my fellow sister? What kind of world is this now? Now, people have to have a reason for saying hi? Why is that? It's messed up. Messed up, I tell you." 

Courtney turned in her seat, smirking at me. "Yeah. My dad says that employees can't share their phone numbers with each other - or at least, let people know they did - unless they want the other employees to assume they're bed buddies or taking drugs together. Unless that was a really weird, pointless dream. But, isn't that messed up?"

Alina glanced at Courtney and then me in the rearview mirror before looking back at the streets, "And then - I don't know. I can't think of anything." She pouted.

Tina looked at us all. "You're all so weird."

"And what?" I snorted. "You think you're normal? Nuh-huh. I taught you well. You shall never be normal again, thanks to me. And why would you want to be? Being like everyone else would suck."

"But hey," Alina piped in. "Isn't everyone unique in their own way?"

I shrugged. "If we're all unique, then aren't we all the same?"

Courtney took a moment to think about it. "I don't know. Good question! But, probably not. Because everyone's unique in their own way, not the same way."