.:Driving Myself Insane:. Chapter Seventeen

Why the hell was I doing this? It made no sense. I'd never done this to any guy before. Confused?

Well, I was waiting behind the bushes near Colby's house with Riley. Yeah. For some reason, he'd agreed to help me spy on his little date with Nichole. Maybe he thought it would be funny or something. That Colby would mess up and say something bad. I, on the other hand, had no idea why I was doing this.

He was still home. His car was there. Besides, sometimes I'd see him walk past the windows. I felt like a stalker. 

Riley whispered, "Maybe he changed his mind. Decided she was too hot."

I narrowed my eyes at him. He, too, thought Nichole was hot. But, I guess he thought everything with cleavage in their chests was hot. Ew. Would that include fat guys? 

I mumbled, "Shut up." 

He elbowed me, "There. He's coming out."

I frowned. Colby had changed into a black button down, but still wore the same Converse and jeans. He had to dress up for her? He never dressed up for me! Why was this bothering me, anyway? He glanced back at the door and waved. Blake was watching him intently, like he was wondering what was going on.

I heard him faintly ask, "What happened to Katherine? You moved on?"

Riley whispered, "They're talking about you."

I scowled at him, "No duh. Shut up." I looked back at Colby, who thought for a second then shrugged.

"I'm trying to move on. Whenever I see her, I still get all turned on and stuff, but hopefully Nichole'll change that." He said before getting in his car.

Aw. I turn him on? Wait. Ew. That wasn't sweet. That was, like, a typical guy. Maybe I should dress up tomorrow and show him that he made a mistake. Why was I thinking like this?! Maybe I was sick or something. 

Riley turned to me and said in a hushed voice, "We should wait a minute or two. He knows my plate number. Er, well, letters." Yeah. Basically anyone with common sense knew. It was DIAMOND. Self centered much? Mine was, like, a bunch of random letters and numbers. Even Colby's didn't say 'TOZIER1' or something. Then again, he wasn't as cocky as I always assumed he was.

I whispered, "But, what if we lose him? We should've brought, like, your mom's car or something."

"Yeah. That would have been smart." He agreed. 

"Retard." I mumbled, running my fingers through my hair. A few seconds after Colby drove away, I stood up and pulled Riley to his feet. We tiptoed to his car, got in, then started stalking Colby. It would have been easier if it was at least a little darker. 

"So, remind me again, why did I agree to this?" Riley smirked, concentrating on the mustang two cars ahead of us. I wanted to punch him, remembering what he forced me to say earlier. Now that I thought about it, I should have used Jackson. Or Jake. Nah. Jake would have told Colby. Why did I ask Riley? Maybe because he probably would have been fine with the 'stalking' thing.