.:Driving Myself Insane:. Chapter Ten

"You came." Riley stated the obvious as I reached him. He was wearing a purple plaid shirt with grey skinny jeans. Skinny jeans on guys just looks...Weird. He flipped his hair again, annoying the heck out of me. 

I crossed my arms, "What the hell do you want, Riley?" 

His grin was ten times cockier than Colby's, which I once thought was impossible, "I want you." 

I smirked, "Yeah, right. You had me, remember? You abused me then cheated on me." I nodded, watching his grin fade into seriousness. 

"I was stupid back then, Katherine." He said,

"I guess some things never change." I grinned at him. "But I know one thing that has changed." 

Riley smirked, crossing his arms, too, "Your feelings for Colby?"

My jaw dropped, "What?! No! Why does everybody think-Ugh, go to hell, Riley." I uncrossed my arms and walked past him. He grabbed me by my wrist and pulled me to him, about to try the same thing that Colby had done. I was a little bit prepared, mostly because I had the feeling of deja vu when he did it. I put my hands in between our lips, shaking my head.

"Boy, you're stupid Riley." I sighed, shaking him off my wrist, "Why did you call me here?"  I glared at him, "Besides the fact that 'you want me' or whatever." 

"Answer this first, Kath. Why did you come? If you didn't want me, too, you would have ignored Jake." Riley grinned, thinking he was right. If only he knew how wrong he was. 

I rolled my eyes, "Because I don't trust you."

A look of confusion crossed his features, "What?" 

"Did I stutter? I. Don't. Trust. You. I figured, if I didn't come, you'd hurt one of the people I love."

"Like Colby?" 

I stared at him like he was crazy. My God. These people didn't understand anything! I knew Alina and Tina were only joking around with me, but others seemed serious. I didn't like Colby. 

Yet.

No! Why did I have to think that word! Ugh, I was officially going insane. Someone, please, send me to a mental hospital!

"You have ten seconds to give me a good explanation before I slap you." I decided to say.

"Fine, fine, fine. Let's not injure my beautiful face, here." He said, causing my eyes to roll. "But fine. I'll tell you. I heard it's your birthday, so I thought if I took you somewhere, like I didn't when we were younger, you'd know I actually do want you back. So happy birthday."

I studied him, "Where are you going to take me?"

"To eat. You've gotta be hungry, right?" Riley asked, shoving his hands in his pockets. The off track side of me wondered how he could fit his hands into such small pockets. I mean, on most of my skinny jeans, I had to worry if my phone would get crushed or not constantly. It pretty much sucked. I narrowed my eyes at him before nodding slowly.