.:Driving Myself Insane:. Epilogue

A lot of things changed over the next six or so years. Jackson had met a girl who was head over heels in love with him - and didn't love anyone else! Which meant that I was right that night in the hospital. He'd decided to travel all over the world with her, dropping in on us every couple months or so. The lucky girl didn't have a ring on her finger, but Jackson had told me that he was planning on it soon. My feelings for him became what they should have been at the start - the feelings you felt for a friend.

Riley? Well, after what happened at prom, he'd been forced to go to rehab. Though he cheated sometimes, he eventually quit on drugs and beer. I don't see him often, but sometimes I run into him at the store or something. Julia had gotten her wish - Riley and her were in a real relationship. He hadn't hit her or cheated on her at all so far. Hopefully, his parents are proud of him now, for overcoming his addiction and trying to live a better life. I have to admit, I'm proud of him, too. 

Alina and Blake had gotten married during Alina and I's second year of college - he'd proposed to her on Valentine's Day in front of everybody. Alina had matured somewhat - she wasn't as weird as she used to be, sadly, but sometimes she had insanely weird moments that reassured me that she was, in fact, still the cousin I grew up with. They'd had their first child two years later, after Alina and I had both gotten out of college. 

Speaking of children, Mom and Justin had their baby six months or so after prom. Admittedly, I loved that little guy - yeah, a guy. Blue balloons and everything - whether he was Justin's baby or not. They'd named him Travis, after my mom's favorite uncle, I guess. He was now six years old. And, thank God, he blurted out random things, just like me! That was just part of the reason I loved him so much.

Dad hadn't met the girl of his dreams yet. He seemed perfectly fine with being alone. He said that he had more time to focus on us that way. 

Tina and Conan still haven't gone out - those two chickens. They've dated other people for a few weeks or so, but those relationships never turned out to be serious. It was obvious they still loved each other. You could see it in their face when they see each other. It's amazing.

Ashley had been Jackson's lucky girl. I guess they began to spend more time with each other and fell hard. So, yes, that means that she's the girl he's been traveling around with. Why else would he stop by so often? Or, at least, try to. 

Courtney and Jake had both remained single - though that makes no sense at all considering how amazing Courtney was. She was still my best friend. Thank God, she hadn't moved away, because I'd miss her so much it'd hurt. I wasn't that surprised at the fact that Jake was still single. Only girls with a lot of patience could handle someone like him.

But, me? I didn't change much. The only major change in me was my last name. Yeah. I'd fulfilled Courtney's little fantasy - well, most of it. We were only about twenty-five-years old, so I don't think we're going to die soon and do that heaven part. Hell, I had even named my daughter after her. I only had one kid so far, but considering they're a lot of work, I think that's enough for now. Even though that damn voice enjoys the process of making them. Okay, maybe that voice isn't the only one...

"Katherine?" My (still insanely hot) husband asked from somewhere behind me. "Did you, like, black out or something?"

"Huh?" I asked, turning to Colby. "No." Like a good daddy, he was feeding baby Courtney - to not confuse everybody, we began to call my best friend Court all the time instead of her full name.