.:Driving Myself Insane:. Chapter Five

After a while, I realized what was happening and pulled away. My hand went up to my lips as I stared at him. Oh God. Oh God. No. Just no. I didn't.

But I did.

I had a freaking make out session with Colby Tozier. And I liked it. 

I couldn't think of anything to say, so I didn't. What was there to say? Well, a lot. But I didn't want to talk to him. I wanted to get as far away from him as possible. 

He whispered, "I don't hate you, Katherine."

I swallowed. This couldn't be happening. Any second now, I'd wake up from this twisted nightmare and forget all about it. I just shook my head. He couldn't like me. Not even as a friend. And I wouldn't like him. But, that kiss made me feel pretty amazing. 

Can you hear yourself?! He's put you through hell for seven years! Get the hell out of there, you idiot!

So I listened to that bossy little voice in my head and got inside. Once in the comfort of my house, I ran upstairs to my room. Not long after, Courtney, Ashley, Tina, and Alina were crowded near the doorway of my room.

Courtney asked, "He told you?"

I shook my head slowly, staring at the wall, "He didn't tell me anything." After a moment of silence, I whispered, "He kissed me."

Alina said. "Awwwwwwwww." When I glared at her, though, she shut up. 

Tina asked, "Should we tell everybody to leave?" I simply nodded.

Ashley shook her head, "Let me get this straight. My brother finally got the guts to kiss you and you just ran?"

I looked at her, "I - I didn't know what to do? Hell, I don't even know how I feel." 

It was somewhat true. I couldn't allow myself to think the word 'hate' anymore. Maybe just strongly dislike. I wasn't stupid enough to just start liking him because of one freaking kiss, but it confused me. 

Courtney whispered something to the others, who nodded then left. Then she stepped inside my room and closed the door before sitting on my green and black bed.

She sighed. "Colby has reasons for the way he treats you. Very crappy reasons, but still. You know how when you're children, you pick on the person you like? He decided to do it like that."

I stared at her, "What? Why? Doesn't he know that maybe if he hadn't been such a jerk all these years, I might feel the same way?"

"Boys are stupid." Courtney shrugged. Oh God, yes. I felt a little bit bad for Colby. He'd had feelings for me this entire time, and I probably just broke his heart moments ago by telling him over and over that I hated him. But then again, he did sort of deserve it.

I frowned, realizing I could still taste him on my lips.  "Look, I don't want to talk right now."