.:Driving Myself Insane:. Chapter Nine

You'd think I'd go 'I'm going to have a half sibling?!' but no. Not even close. The whole world was crashing around me, and all I could think to say was:

"You've screwed this guy?!?" 

They all stared at me. Mom had a 'Doesn't she think before she speak?' look on her face, Justin looked embarrassed, and Alina and Tina were just staring at me like 'God. How am I related to her?'

I frowned, "What? It's a fair question!"

Tina smacked her forehead, "My God. Are you insane?"

Well, it could be. I mean, I'd just discovered I was going to have a baby brother, I'd been asked back out by Riley, and on top of all that, I found out Colby had real feelings for me. Not hatred, but the opposite, or somewhere around that. It was a lot to absorb, especially on your birthday.

"No. Completely sane person right here." I nodded. 

Justin sighed, "Katherine-"

"Sh. You don't talk. It's my birthday. That's the least you can do for me." I told him, ignoring my mom's disapproving look. I was eighteen now. I could say whatever the heck I liked. In fact, I could drop the f-bomb whenever. That was the best kind of bomb. 

Mom shook her head, speaking of your birthday, "I got something."

I asked her, "Divorce papers for this guy?" There was a slightly hopeful tone in my voice. 

"Katherine Rose Blakeslee-"

"No!!!! You shall not speak of my middle name. It is a curse!" I whined, covering my ears, hiding my face in Alina's shoulder. I hated my stupid middle name. I wasn't a freaking flower! And it I was, I'd be a venus fly trap. Wait. That's not a flower, is it? Then, some kind of evil, poisonous flower. Tee hee.

Mom sighed, "Do you want the present or not?" 

I peaked up at her, "Hm...I guess so. Give it to me."

I paused, realizing what I'd just said, then started giggling along with Alina and Tina, receiving confused looks from Mom and Justin. Ah, the perverted minds of teenagers. 

Shaking her head, Mom left the room, muttering, "Where did I go wrong?" 

I wanted to say When you left dad for this dude! but decided not to. The only reason Mom wasn't screaming at me like crazy was that it was my birthday, but I knew she was getting sick of my comments about Justin. 

I looked back at Justin, "So, what are you going to name it? Is it a girl or boy? Or is it an 'it?!' Wait, I highly doubt it would be some crazy clown that eats kids."

Justin stared at me like I dropped from the moon, "What are you talking about."