.:Driving Myself Insane:. Chapter Fifteen

A/N: I'm dedicating this chapter to MountainDewAddict. One reason's because his comments crack me up and the other reason's because he has the best username in history of names of users. Also because he put a link to batman Kenny hanging himself on a doorknob in one of his comments. 

______________________________________________

"You did what?!" Jackson asked me for the millionth time the next day as we walked down the hall. Turns out, he was going to the same high school. 

I sighed, "Jack, I told you. And I haven't done it yet. I will when he gets his stupid ass here."

"You know, girls shouldn't say words like that." He said as we stopped by my locker. I opened it, grabbing my stuff, and rolled my eyes at him.

I scowled, "Oh, but guys can? How sexist is that?"

Jackson sighed, "Just saying. You know, you might not be as grumpy if you weren't about to ruin your life."

I narrowed my eyes at him, "I'm doing the right thing."

"Yeah, for other people! This isn't the right thing for you! You'd even be better off with Tozier himself." He said.

I frowned, slamming my locker shut, "What the hell's that supposed to mean?" I glared at him. I didn't know why I was so pissed off at him. Maybe I was aiming my anger that I held for myself at him.

Jackson rolled his eyes, groaning, "Oh come on. You really think Colby was faking it those years he was a jerk? No guy can fake it that good. Especially if they like a girl. They'd end up screwing up. Unless he's one hell of an actor, he's lying."

I scowled, "What do you mean?"

"Oh, I don't know. Have you thought that maybe this is one of Colby's tricks? Like, a really extreme one, to break you. You know, act like a good guy, get you to fall in love with him, then break your heart? That sounds a lot more like the Colby you complained about all the time whenever I was at your house years ago." Jackson said. 

Aw, crap. What if he was right? Why hadn't I thought of that? But then again, there was times when Colby had hesitated in the past few years or had a look of guilt for a second or two. I'd always thought I imagined it, but these past days made me rethink. Then, his eyes gave everything away. When he saw me with Jackson, there was a broken look in his eyes. And the time I was going to see Riley. You can't fake that.

I sighed, "Believe it or not, but I think Colby's serious about his feelings."

"Oh, so what? Once Riley throws you away, he'll be the one you'll come home crying to? Because he's been nice for two days? What about me?"

I scoffed, "What about you? You're my cousins ex. I didn't know you much before and I just started getting to know you yesterday. Sure, you're a great guy and all, but I don't go after my family's ex's." 

Jackson sighed, his green eyes calm, "I can understand that. There's your boyfriend. I'll see you later." He said before turning and walking away. I rose my eyebrow before turning around. When he'd said 'boyfriend' I expected him to be talking about Riley, since I was going to take him back in a few minutes, but Colby was standing there.