Pregnant?

*Robert's Pov*
I sat out in the balcony, smoking and looking at my phone.
I hardly ever looked at the news and gossip, but today was one of those days I did.
I looked at the headline I was dreading, but didn't bother clicking on it.
Of course everybody already knew Susan and I were getting a divorce, there is no privacy whatsoever.
I was scrolling down but saw another headline:

"Susan Nicole Levin, pregnant?
Just a few days before her divorce with Downey, concluding the 29th of December, Susan Nicole Levin was seen buying two pregnancy tests, and days later going to the hospital.
Is she really pregnant? Is Robert Downey Jr going to become once more, a father?"

Then there  were pictures of her going in the drugstore and going out with a bag.
I knew the kid wouldn't be mine, it was impossible. Susan and I hadn't had sex for months before breaking up, because she was having some on the side with another guy.
Just as I was calling Susan to congratulate her on her affair child, I remembered the night.
It was maybe a week before I found out the truth, she had come late back home and was tired. When she got home, I was waiting for her in bed, and before she could react I was all over her. I think she felt bad for me, and after my pleading she said yes.
The rest of the night was woozy, I was drunk without Susan knowing and now I couldn't remember if we ended up having sex or not.
I started dialing the only number I knew by heart, and waited.
"Hello?" Susie's voice filled my ears, i could tell she was nervous.
"Susan" I said, my heart beating too fast.
I heard her sniffle, and then I knew she was crying.
My heart got warmer, the instinct to protect her and care for her like always, came over me
"Are you okay?" I said
"I know why you're calling, Robert."
"And you're not gonna like what I'm gonna tell you." She continued, I couldn't move or talk.
"It was positive, I'm two months and a half pregnant."
"Is it.." I tried to continue but my voice was blocked
"It's yours, Robert. Me and Steve still hadn't had sex two months ago."
My phone fell from my hands, probably breaking at the contact with the floor.
I stared at the city beyond me.
I remembered about all the times Susan and I tried, but never ended up with a positive pregnancy test.
I didn't want a kid, at least, I didn't want another one. I had Indio, who hated me, and the thought about having another one destroyed me.
But I tried for Susie, she wanted a little toddler running around the house. We stopped trying after a while, knowing there wasn't anything we could do.
And now, 8 days before our divorce,  her dream, old dream, comes true.
I didn't know what to do, how to tell Leighton. I couldn't pretend nothing ever happened, i wouldn't do that to the poor baby boy or girl.
I grabbed another cigarette and started smoking, my hands shaking.
I lifted up my phone from the floor and it wasn't broken.
I had a few missed calls from Susan, but I couldn't answer or call back.
I needed time, i needed a plan, and I needed them fast.

I left a message for Leighton and drove to the only person's house I knew here in Boston.
Mark ruffalo actually lived in New York, but during Christmas vacation, him and his family came here to get some rest. It was a suburb house, where no traffic or people could bother them, except me.
I got out of my car, and rang the bell, walking furiously back and forth waiting for someone to answer.
"Hello?" Mark said
"Hey man, it's Robert"
The gate opened and I got in my car and drove in their driveway.
He was waiting for me there, his hands in his jeans pockets, his face as always serene and peaceful.
"Hey man" he said and hugged me, patting my back
"What brings you here?"
I followed him into the kitchen, where I sat down on a stool.
"I need to talk to you, it's serious." I said, looking at my hands.
"I'll get us a beer." He said, grabbing two.
I knew I couldn't drink, Leighton would be furious, but it was just a simple beer, right?
"Man, I'm in deep shit right now." I said, he drank from his beer and raised his eyebrows, confused.
"What's up"
"Susan and I broke up, you know that, right?"
He nodded and I continued
"Since we broke up, I've been going out with this amazing girl. Leighton Meester, she's one of the actors for my new movie. I swear she's just amazing." I said, he smiled
"That's good man, but what's the problem?"
I took a deep breath
"Susie told me she's pregnant and she says it's mine." He furrowed his eyes
"Wait, wasn't it impossible for you two.. You know. To get pregnant?"
He asked
"I thought so, but it isn't apparently."
I finished my beer, way before he even got to half of his.
"I don't know what I'm gonna do" I said, putting my head in my hands.
I felt him pat my shoulder.
"If you still love Susie, and she loves you, give it another shot. But if that isn't the case, just be there for the baby, be the father. But stay with your new girl, Leighton. She'll understand, right? Was she married before?" He said, I closed my eyes
"She's 25" I whispered, but he heard me. I looked up at him, he was surprised.
"23 years of difference." He said
"I know but she's mature. She's a great girl." I said, he nodded
"Well, Robert. You gotta just
tell her the truth, I think she'll understand. Don't worry."

AN:
Let me know if you liked it :)!