Indio

Robert?"
I looked down at leighton, who had her head resting on my chest, her naked body laying beside mine.
"mhmh?" I murmured, tracing small circles on her naked back.
"Do you still talk to your dad?"
I shook my head no
"Do you wish you'd still talk to him?"
I shrugged
"My dad died a week ago."
I winded my eyes, looking at her.
She had never spoken to me about her dad, or her mother.
"Why didn't you tell me? We could of gone to the funeral." I said, she shook her head
"I had no interest of going to his funeral." She said
I was confused
"Why? He's still your father. I would probably go to my father's funeral." I said, she shrugged.
"Last time I saw him was when I was 9." She said, taking a deep breath
"You see, my dad used to have a special attachment to me. One of those sick people's attachment to children. I thought it was normal, I was just a kid. I thought that was what dads did. My mom was never home, she didn't wanna be at home. It was just me,my brothers and him. One day, my brother Douglas who was 11, walked in on us. I still didn't know what was going on. I thought everything was normal. He screamed so loud I swear everyone in the neighborhood heard.
Before I knew it, we moved out and went to Boston. My mom never actually explained to me what happened, my brother did. She was horrified, she couldn't look me in the eyes. She didn't even file a report to put my father in jail or something. Little did I know she was so scared of him it made her insane. When I was 14, Douglas, who was 16, killed himself. That's when I met Adam and got an addiction and soon ran away. Lex, who was the youngest, stayed with my mom and her new boyfriend but never actually had a chance to grow up in a happy family. He started drinking and dropped from the face of the earth, I have no idea where he is now. My dad ruined everybody in my family in ways I can never explain, that's why I couldn't bring myself to go to his funeral. He was already dead for me since i was 9."

Leighton eventually fell asleep, leaving me with a big whole in my chest and the desire to go out for a drink.
It was 2 am when I decided It was useless for me to try to sleep.
I got up from the bed trying not to wake her, got dressed and went out.
The thing I loved about New York was that it's alive, everything works at every hour and if I decided to take a walk in the middle of the night, the cars would be by my side and the eccentric and young people would be walking in front of me and behind me.
I lit up a cigarette as I walked, I had the hoodie of my sweatshirt on, so people couldn't notice me that well.
I headed towards the closest bar.
It was full of drunk old men and of young girls all dressed up and giggling. I sat at the bar, trying to ignore the young girl beside me twirling her golden locks between her fingers and biting her lip.
"A glass of scotch, please" I said to the bar tender, he nodded and started poring some in a white glass.
As I drank, it seemed like the people around me were gone really fast.
Soon enough, it was just me and the Bar tender, and my finished 4 glasses of scotch.
"So, there was this couple that had been married for 20 years. Every time they had sex, the husband always insisted on shutting off the light.
Well, after 20 years the wife felt this was ridiculous. She figured she would break him out of this crazy habit. So one night, while they were in the middle of a wild, screaming,"romantic" session, she turned on the lights.
She looked down. and saw her husband was holding a battery-operated leisure device: a dildo. Soft, wonderful and larger than a real one.
She went completely ballistic. "You impotent bastard," She screamed at him, "How could you be lying to me all of these years? You better explain yourself!"
The husband looks her straight in the eyes and says calmly: "I'll explain the toy ... you explain the kids." "
I said to the bar tender, falling in a huge fit of laughter.
I was holding my stomach, laughing for so much time the bar tender soon left to clean the glasses.
Once I stopped laughing, I tried to get up from my chair, but I fell down.
"Hey, man!" I yelled to the bar tender.
He looked at me and came over, helping me up and sitting me on the chair.
"Hey, I don't care who you are. If you puke here I'll kick your ass." He said,
I laughed again and shook my head.
"It's okay man, I don't puke for 1 glass of scotch."
"They were 7, but okay. If you say so."
He said and left again.
I wiggled my eyebrows, not knowing I had 7 glasses. I shrugged and looked at the clock.
4:00 am.
I was completely drunk, not being capable to stand without falling.
Before I knew it, the door to the bar opened.
I looked at the guy who walked in, he looked familiar.
Of course, being drunk, everything was spinning and confusing.
We locked eyes for a second, before he turned around.
"Hey, do I know you?" I said, almost yelling. He didn't turn around, he just sat a few stools from me, looking at his hands.
"Hey! Man! I'm talking to you." I laughed, he turned around and looked me dead in the eyes.
"You haven't changed one bit, huh?" He said.
Then I remembered him, my heart started beating faster.
Indio.
"Indio?" I whispered.
He laughed, but it wasn't a genuine or a happy laugh.
"What a pleasure to see you, dad. How long as it been? This is great." He said, sarcastically .
Then the bar tender walked in the room again
"I'll have a glass of vodka, please." Indio asked.
I got up, barely having the balance to sit on the stool next to him.
"Indio, how have you been? I heard about the drugs. I-"
He interrupted me
"Don't you dare talk to me about drugs. You fake you're this changed man, but I know the truth." He spat
"What's the truth?" I whispered
"You're still using. It's obvious. Susan leaves you, she has an affair. Then you find out she's pregnant of your baby, and you want me to believe that you don't use anymore? You said you didn't drink anymore too. But look at you, 4 am, Christmas Eve, and you're drunk in an empty bar."
I looked at him, not knowing what to say.
"I'm trying to stop." I whispered
He laughed
"Yeah, for your new girlfriend.
How old is she? Twelve?"
"She's 25." I said, he nodded and drank from his glass.
"You're 22, right?" I said, he turned around, surprised, but then nodded.
"Look, I'm sorry I've been a shitty father. Let me make it up to you, I can give you some money and you-"
"I don't need money." He interrupted me.
"Then what do you need? I can give you anything, please." I said, he finished his drink and got up.
"Pay for this drink." He said, and walked out of the bar. I left some money and hurried out the door towards him.
"Indio!" I yelled, he turned around.
"What?" He snapped
I walked towards him.
He was a little taller than me, but not a lot. I grabbed him and hugged him. Patting his shoulder.
"I'm sorry." I whispered in his ear.
Then I gave him my address.
He pulled back,looked at me, and started walking away.
This time, I didn't call him, I put my hands in my pockets, and walked back home.
When I got there, it was almost 5:30, and the sun was coming up.
Leighton was still sleeping soundly.
I took a shower to sober up, and when I came out, I felt less dizzy.
I sat in the living room, smoking and thinking, and time passed.
Eventually, Leighton got up and walked in the room.
"Rob?" She said, I turned around.
"Hey baby."
"You already up?" She asked, sitting on my lap
"Yeah, I couldn't sleep anymore."
I decided not to tell her about the bar or Indio.
"It's Christmas Eve." She said smiling, I nodded.
"I know baby, happy almost Christmas." She kissed me
"Wanna go out for breakfast?" I said
"Yayy." She clapped her hands, I laughed and kissed her.
"Go get ready, babe."

AN: Leave a comment and let me know what you think? Thanks! Have a good day :)