exam

While Carlisle and Billy went to get their children ready for the alchemy exam, Colonel Mustang and his partner, Riza Hawkie met up at the home of Charlie Swan. He greeted them at the door and invited them in for a drink.

"So." he said to end the awkward silence, "Roy, have you made it to the next level yet?" he asked his old friend.

Roy sighed, "No, but I am stationed somewhere other then Central for a while."

Chief Swan laughed. "Yeah, I thought that was a good thing at one point too." he said. "Fifteen years later, I'm sure they forgot about me. Putting you position to oversee a town seems to be what the military does when they're sick of you."

"Great," Mustang said sarcastically.

"Don't worry, sir," Hawkie said to her superior, "You can still make it to Brigade General - I know you can," She smiled.

"So Charlie," Mustang said trying to get away from the subject, "How's your daughter?"

"She's good," Charlie said. "She's visiting her mom for a few weeks, and she brought that boyfriend along with her. They should be back in a few days."

"Oh," Mustang said. "Hey, come to think of it, isn't she dating that Cullen boy?" he asked.

"Yeah." Charlie frowned.

"Come on, Charlie, it can't be that bad - I mean, think of it - she could choose worse guys." Mustang said.

"Well," Charlie said to end the conversation, "Let's go." and they headed out the door.

Meanwhile, Alice and Carlisle left. From her window, Rosalie silently waved goodbye. She had yet to tell her father and sister that she had been practicing alchemy for the past six months. She kneeled on her floor and drew a transmutation circle on a notebook. Then she took the pencil she was using and broke it. She then set it out in front of her. She then placed both hand on the circle and transmuted the pencil back together. Yes, it worked! she thought.

When they got to their meeting place, Jacob and Alice were surprised to see each other.

"What are they doing here?" They asked together.

Mustang sighed. "You both are taking your state alchemy exam tonight."

Alice turned towards Jake. "Don't worry," she whispered, "We both pass."

Mustang cleared his throat and they listened again. "If you pass, you will receive a state pocket watch." he said dangling his in front of them. "If you don't pass, you can take your exam again in two months. Furthermore, if you do pass, you will report directly to Chief Swan here," he said.

"Wait a minute," Alice said. "Are you an alchemist?" She asked Chief Swan.

"This is the Gun Alchemist. He is in charge of all the alchemists in this area." Mustang said.

"Why are you the Gun Alchemist?" Jake asked.

"Observe," Charlie said pulling out his gun. "As you can see, there is nothing in here." he said, showing the two the gun barrel. He then quickly shut it closed and fired three shots. Alice and Jacob both looked impressed.

"This," Mustang said, pointing to Carlisle, "Is the Bone Alchemist. He can fix any broken bone. Over a couple hundred years, he's gotten good enough where he no longer needs a transmutation circle. This guy," Mustang continued pointing at Billy Black, "He's the Re-appear Alchemist. He can make anything re-appear once it is gone. And I'm the Flame Alchemist." He snapped his white gloved fingers together, producing a flame.

"Now Jacob Black, you are first."

"Right," Jacob said in a shaky tone. He put out a broken radio and after drawing a transmutation circle in the dirt, and then transformed it back into a new one.

"Good." mustang said, "Your turn," he motioned to Alice.

She went over to a broken tree and sketched a transmutation circle in it. She then transmuted it so it was a nice pile of wood.

"Congratulations," Mustang said. "You are now the Wolf Alchemist," He said, handing Jake a certificate. "And you are now the Seer Alchemist." he said handing a certificate to Alice. "Now then, off to Chef Swan's house to catch up!"

Ed and AL will be coming soon, as you can see a few things need to be out of ythe way first