goodbye

"What? Being shipped out! Why?" Ed said angrily.

"There's a civil war going on in Reol, and they need doctors." Carlisle said.

"We need you here, though, we need all the vampires we can get." Ed argued.

"I have to do what the military, says Ed."

Ed turned towards Alice and Jacob, "That's what being a dog of the military is for you, they say sit, you sit." He stormed up the stairs.

After he left, Carlisle and Esme went to the kitchen to talk in private and everyone else was left in shock.

"Did you guys get your new pocket watches?" Al said, noticing that both Alice and Jake had chains coming out of their pockets.

"Yes," Alice answered quietly. "Where's Jasper?" Alice said after noticing he wasn't there.

Just then, Jasper and Scar walked in.

"Uh-oh," Leah said, sensing trouble.

Carlisle also must have sensed it, because he returned from the kitchen. Upon seeing them, he looked at Scar coldly. "Scar, what did you do?"

"I just told the full truth. He needed to know it."

Alice and Jacob both looked at each other. They were new to the military but were already picking up on the politics that go with it.

Although Jasper got the full truth that night, it didn't seem to faze him at all. Surprisingly, he didn't ask many questions after that. Instead, he just waved goodnight to everyone and went to his room.

Scar gave a silent nod to Carlisle, who returned it. Scar then left. It would be one of the last times Carlisle saw him.

Upstairs, Alice and Jacob went to Ed's room for some answers.

"So if you don't like what the military does, then why did you becomes a State Alchemist?" Jacob asked.

"To get access of information regarding the Philosopher's Stone." He grumbled, clearly still annoyed.

"Did they ever ask you to do things that you didn't want to do?" Alice asked.

At this, Ed laughed, "Mustang knows better," he said.

"I hear a lot of the adults talking about the Furor - is he a bad guy?" Jacob asked.

Ed sat in silence for a bit, unsure of how to answer this one.

"He isn't a trustworthy man." He said slowly.

"Why not?" Alice asked.

"No one knows a lot about him. His past is all blurry. He never eats and never takes off his eye patch."

The two new state alchemists pondered this, and after asking a few more questions, they let Ed go to sleep.

The next morning, after kissing his family goodbye, Carlisle left in a limo for the airport.

The others went to go do some training. In the middle of training, Armstrong showed up.

He was just as bright eyed and cheerful as always.

"Where have you been, Major?" Leah asked with a smile.

"I was told to help around town while I was here. Now I can do some training with all of you." He said, flexing and ripping his shirt.

"You sparkle." Bella was surprised. "Are you a vampire?"

Armstrong laughed and answered, "I am not a vampire. However, vampire blood has run through the Armstrong veins for generations." Everyone but Ed, Al, Winry, and Leah seemed surprised.

Those four however were not surprised in the least to hear this.

"That could explain his sparkle" Leah whispered to them.

It was a good long day of training. It was very helpful to both the vampires and wolf's training with a suite of armor. Luckily AL had a lot of practice training with a full werewolf.

Leah had spent the past week trying to do the two impossible for most alchemists. The first was to not have to use a transmutation circle, and the other was to do alchemy in the form of her wolf.