Chapter 18:M.I.A. ...The Voices

Chapter 18

*Kiley's POV (cont.)*

I didn't tell Kade I wasn't Saige until we actually started to date...but I think he realized that a while before he asked me out. When he found out, he was shocked, pissed off, all of the above...but he still continued to date me. I knew it was probably to fill the hole Saige left, but I always thought there was a little bit of hope for us...that is until he broke up with me. And now I'm sure he hates me... I put my sister in a coma for a few days... I had forgotten she was still human, and my anger got the best of me. It was like...I couldn't control myself. As soon as Kade said he was in love with someone else, I blacked out, and when I woke up, I saw here laying on the floor, motionless.

I walked into the hospital room. The sound of slow beeping filled the room. Kade sat in a chair beside her bed, her hand gently placed in his, as they slept. I felt a pang of jealousy, but ignored it, cautiously walking deeper into the room. I stood beside her bed, brushing her hair out of her face. "Beautiful isn't she" came a voice from behind me. I jump and spun around towards the person. "Who are you" I questioned, a little bit too harshly. "Ryder...Saige's boyfriend" he answered. "You're with my sister...but I thought.." he cut me off, as if he already knew what I was about to say. He shook his head, "Saige and Kade don't go out... but I had a feeling he had feelings for her." he said glancing at there intertwined hands. He looked slightly pained, but the expression was gone almost as quickly as it appeared. "How do you know him" I asked. "Kade... he's my bestfriend. We were born on the same day...our mothers are bestfriends...so...we grew up together" he answered. I chuckled, "Oh...sounds like a bromance to me" I teased. He rolled his eyes, " Ha...very funny" he let out a sarcastic laugh.

Suddenly, a plan came into mind. Hmmm... revenge? Sounds great... I smirked at him, "Hey, are you hungry" I questioned. He shrugged, "A little bit" he answered. I grabbed his hand, and took off running out the door. "Where are we going" he asked. By that time we were already in the elevator, "To go get lunch" I smiled at him, pressing the button for the ground floor.

We walked into the cafe. I sat down at the table while he ordered. We had already agreed on what to get before we came in. I studied the nearly vacant room, studying the room that still remained. I froze when I saw him. His eyes bore into mine, "Liam" I mouthed. He looked at Ryder, "What are you doing" he mouthed. "My job..." I mouthed back. He lifted an eyebrow, and got up from his table. He gave me one last glare, before walking out the door. I sighed, and ran a hand through my hair. "Are you alright" I jumped slightly at the voice, then glanced up. "Oh... yeahh I'm fine" I sent him a reassuring smile. He studied my face, and placed the food down on the table. He sat down across from me. "So...you're the famous Kiley, I hear about" he smiled. "You heard about me?" I questioned, raising an eyebrow. "Yeah, Saige used to talk about all the memories she had with you" he looked down slightly, "Why'd you do it Kiley?" he whispered. "Do what?" "Why didn't you tell her you were alive....she cried for years, thinking that her other half was gone. And why did u attack her?" he glanced back up at me.

I looked away from his intense stare, "I couldn't control myself....as a human, I could sometimes manage to hold back my emotions...but as a vampire, it's become harder and harder to do. I didn't tell her, because I was waiting on the right time. I wanted to be able to control myself by the time she found out." I whispered, but the truth was...I didn't want her to see the type of person I had become. I didn't want her to know about the lifestyle I led. I glanced up at Ryder....I'm a horrible person, trying to seek revenge on my sister for something that she can't even control. I sighed, and pushed my chair back. I walked out the door. Seconds later, I heard it open. "Kiley" a hand was placed on my shoulder. "Ryder, let's just go back to the hospital" I whispered, opening the car door. He sighed, and walked around the car, getting into the driver's seat. He cut on the engine and raced off.