Chapter 25:M.I.A. ...Realization

Chapter 25

*Kade's POV*

I slid a hand down the front of my face, plopping down on the edge of my bed. She's gone... Saige is gone. And it's all because of a stupid mistake! I looked down at the note placed in my hand, reading over it again.

Dear Reader,

By the time you read this note, I'll already be gone. Don't come looking for me... I don't want to be found. I might return. Eventually. But right now, I don't think I'll be back anytime soon. It'd be better if you'd forget about me. Go on with your life. Forget I ever existed.

~Saige~

My pocket began to buzz and I pulled my cell out. Tristian's name flashed up on the screen. I touched the screen, pressing answer. With a sigh, I placed the phone to my ear.

"What," I snapped.

"Okay...I see you're in a bad mood. Maybe I should call back later," Tristian sounded a bit worried.

I sighed,"Give me the bad news."

Tristian chuckled nervously, "Ha, well...you see..."

"Spit it out."

He sighed,"Saige came to the club. At the time I was speaking to a slayer. When I spotted her, I took her to a room, but the slayers had already caught her scent. We went to the car, had a miniature car chase. She shot out the tires, and they served off the road. We got into an argument about you, and...," he trailed off.

"And...what," I gestured for him to continue, even though he couldn't see it.

"And...she ran away. I tried to find her...but someone covered up her scent.," he muttered. Anger boiled inside me.

I picked up a pillow, and hurled it against the wall,"Fuck," I yelled. I stared down at the pillow, breathing heavily. Yeah...I don't think it did enough damage. "Look...I'll call you back..," I said through clenched teeth, right before I hung up. I picked up a lamp, about to hurl it at the wall, until a quiet knock sounded from the door. I placed down the lamp, "Come in," I called.

The door slightly opened, before she even made it two feet in, I sighed internally. This is probably the last person I want to see. She walked over to me, swaying her hips over dramatically. Was that supposed to be seductive? It looked more like she was trying to discreetly pull out a wedgie...seriously. She placed her hands on my shoulders and pushed me back on the bed. 

"Hey babe," she purred in my ear. She began to trail kisses down my neck, annoyingly moaning. Seriously..why is she moaning? I'm not even doing anything. She trail a hand down my chest, "Why don't we have a little fun," she whispered. 

"I'm not in the mood," I said plainly, slightly moving from under her, which didn't really help, because she just shifted over and pressed herself against me.

She pouted,"Aww, baby you're killing me," she whined. Ugh!! I really don't think I can take it anymore. I gently pushed her off of me. "Babe where are you going?"

"For a drive," I said as I walked out the door. 

*Saige's POV*

Three weeks. I have three weeks to complete the mission. Not that it should really be that hard to do. Seduce Kade, then kill him, it's that easy. After all...he had been trying to doing it for years now. I'll just think of it as...karma. He breaks my heart, I break his. He tries to kill me, now the tables have turned. 

I slipped on some shoes. I was currently at the house that I had been trapped in for two whole years....the house where it all began. It's two hours away from the mansion, and the last place he would come looking for me. Ryder is here in his used to be room. He said I could leave at anytime. But starting my mission this early would only make it obvious. I have to let him find me. I left a note, but I'm sure he'll ignore anything I said in it.