Chapter 27:M.I.A. ...Love that wasn't lost

Chapter 27

As I rode up my driveway, I noticed a guy leaning against a car. When he glanced my way, I instantly put the car in reverse. I had dropped Ryder off earlier, so now I was alone in the car. No one could help me if I had to confront him. How the hell did Tristian find me anyways? I thought I did a really good job of hiding a few states away. Did he ask a witch too? Or did someone tell him about me? "Stop the car," I heard his voice penetrate through my mind. Well this is new. 

I placed the car in park. So he can make orders in my head now? Great! It was hard enough dealing with him controlling me in person, but now through my mind... 

Tristian opened the passenger door, and slid into the car, "Take me to Zaidyn," he demanded. I tried to resist the urge, but I couldn't. I began to drive down the road. 

"Why do you need to see him," I questioned, glancing at him. 

"No matter what I say...you can't leave the car. Anything I say cannot be repeated to anyone,"he ordered. I nodded in agreement. "The Slayers know where you live. Ryder sent you to Zaidyn's to protect you. He had to tell the Slayers where you were in order to keep people from getting killed. I have to tell Zaidyn that, so he will allow you to stay. As you may already know...he's stubborn." 

I chuckled,"Just a little bit."

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

So here I am...AGAIN...standing at this jerk's front door. Tristian stood beside me, slightly shielding me in a protective manor. I rang the doorbell, and waited for him to answer. A few seconds later, the door creaked open. Zaidyn stood there, his face set in a grim line. I pushed past him, and walked into his house. "I don't think I invited you in," he hissed.

"And I don't think I care," I retorted, storming towards the kitchen. I heard the door shut, moments later. 

I plopped down on the bar stool, soon accompanied by Zaidyn and Tristian. "Why is she here again," Zaidyn asked Tristian.

"The Slayers know where she lives, so...I think she should stay here. It's..."

"No," Zaidyn answered flatly. 

I sighed, and stood up. I strode over to Zaidyn and gripped the front of his shirt, "Listen Zaidyn," I spat,"I don't want to do this either, but I do know that I want to live. And if that means staying with an ass like you, then so be it. I'm staying here whether you like it or not. I don't care if you give me hell the whole time I'm here...I want to live, and the only way I can live is if we stay together," I stated sternly. He looked down at me an scoffed.

"I hate to break it to you, sweetheart, but..." he pushed my hands away, "I'm not Kade... you can't just talk to me any way you want. Because I have about..." he used his index and thumb to indicate a small amount, "this much patience with you right now. What I did earlier...wasn't even close to anger. Trust me, you don't want to see me angry."

I chuckled,"Whoa, chill Incredible Hulk," I teased, "I know the drill 'I won't like you when you're angry' but I'll piss you off anyways. Your shirt would rip off," I looked him up and down slowly, "Maybe this isn't a bad idea. You'd gain a bit of muscle, fatty," I said, poking his rock hard abs. He swatted my hand away, and I chuckled, "Why so serious, Zaidyn? Is someone getting a bit frustrated," I mocked. 

"Stop..." he said through clenched teeth. 

"Aww, poor Zaidyn, is getting mad." From the corner of my eye, I could see Tristian, discreetly getting up from his stool.