Chapter 28: M.I.A. ...My heart belongs to the man you used to be

Chapter 28

I...oh my gosh! I did not just say that! This is Zaidyn... almost a complete stranger to me, and I told him that I was still in love with him!! What is wrong with me? 

He stared at me, blue eyes boring into mine. "You do realize that I'm not Kade, right," he questioned. I looked down, feeling my cheeks burning. "I mean, you couldn't possibly love someone you barely know," he added. I nodded, pulling away from him.

"I-I just... nevermind. Where's the guest bedroom," I questioned, looking anywhere but at him. Because if I looked at him, I knew I wouldn't be able to handle it. Kade wasn't there anymore. I was left with a complete stranger...bonded to a complete stranger. He knew me, but I didn't know him. I never even intended to get to know him. I wanted Kade back, but I'm sure he wasn't even in there anymore. 

"Down the hall, first door on the left," he answered, blandly. I sighed.

"Thank you," I whispered. All I really wanted to do was yell, but I couldn't...so I just did it in my mind... Ahhh!!! I can't believe you just did that!! What an idiot!! I swung the door open. What the hell is wrong with me?! I... wait. I did a double take. 

"Zaidyn," the girl called out, sending me a look of disgust, "Why is this trash in here" she hissed. I glared at her.

"And who exactly are you," I retorted, feeling a pang of jealously. Zaidyn walked into the room.

He sighed,"When did you get home," he asked the girl. She smiled at him.

"I few minutes ago. I wanted to surprise you, but," she glanced at me,"she showed up. Who is this, babe," she questioned. I don't think I like this girl. She reminded me of Vicky. Blonde hair, fake boobs, blue eyes...fake boobs... caked on makeup, fake boobs... barely any clothes on. Did I mention fake boobs? Surely this can't be his....

"Claire, this is Saige. She'll be staying here for a while. Saige, this is my girlfriend, Claire." Yeah... that proved it. She was his girlfriend. 

"She's staying with us? Why?" Zaidyn looked at me.

"Could we have a moment," he questioned, nodding his head towards Claire. I walked out, without answering him. Could this get any worse? Staying with an almost stranger, and his girlfriend... I wanted to leave so bad, but Tristian put a command on us. I couldn't leave, no matter how much I wanted to. As I walked down the hallway, I noticed things I didn't notice before. Like the big photo of Zaidyn and Claire hanging up on the wall. That just shows how unobservant I am... 

I practically danced around the hallway, not knowing what to do while they were talking. I could always go through his room, but if I got caught that wouldn't be pretty. I sighed, walking downstairs. What to do? What to do? It's... I glanced at the clock on the wall. It's 1:34 am. What can you do at a time like this? How about... going to a club? Yeahh!! Sounds like fun! I walked to the door, but as I did, I felt a tug on my body. It wasn't like the tug from a person, but it were as if a giant rubber band was on me and I had passed my limit. The command... Ugh, right now I hated Tristian. "Zaidyn!! I wanna go to the club! Bring the girl if you want, but I can't go without you," I yelled. I know he heard me, because... we'll all vampires have super sensitive hearing, but rogues have stronger senses. I heard a door swing open.

"I don't want to go," Claire said. 

"Any chance for a drink is fine with me. We're leaving," he stated sternly. She huffed, and I could almost picture her stomping a foot.

"Fine." Yes!! Wait... I looked down at myself. This is not a club outfit... I hate to ask this, but...

"Claire, do you..."