Chapter 24:M.I.A. ...The Angry Truth

Chapter 24

I stared at Mason wide eyed, as I sat across from him in his livingroom. "Wait wait wait. Explain that again." 

He sighed, and leaned back against the black suede couch with an arm slung behind it, "Okay, Kade is your bloodmate, meaning you have an eternal bond with him. I found you before you left the restaurant, and I gave you my address because I knew what you had in store for you. Kade can control his emotions, but with you around, his rogue tries to show up more often. Before lastnight...the two of you weren't fully bonded, but lastnight he marked you. Saige, you are a powerful being, and the only reason I know this is because I have the ability to see someone's past the first time I meet them. Your father was a werewolf, and your mother was one of the highest ranking vampires, because she also possessed the power of a witch. With that power being in Kade's bloodstream now, his rogue will be even more powerful. He's too dangerous to be around right now," Mason explained.

"What if I don't want to be bonded to him," I asked.

His eyes widened, "Well, you could get a witch to break the bond, or one of you has to reject your bloodmate. But why would you want to break the bond," he questioned.

I adverted my gaze to the ground, playing with a stray piece of string on the hem of my shirt, "I just want to break the bond," I whispered.

"Saige," I heard him get up, and walk towards me. He knelt beside me, placing a cool hand over mine. I looked up into his worry filled green eyes, "'What happened," he questioned in a soft tone.

I looked down, feeling another wave of tears, "Lastnight, before he marked me, we had.." I trailed off, "nevermind" I whispered, not trusting my voice above anything but that. 

''You what," he asked, still in a soft tone.

"Why does it even matter? You barely even know me," I said pulling my hand from under his.

"I may have just met you, but I know what you've been through since you were born. I know you had to watch your parents die. You had to watch you twin die. You were kidnapped, fell in love with my cousin, yet you got engaged to Ryder. You went through alot of pain from Nix... overall you've had a hard life." Fresh tears welled up in my eyes. I began to stand up.

"I think I should go." Mason, gently grabbed my hand, and stood up.

"What happened last night? You have to be here for a reason."

I looked towards the ground and sighed, "Yesterday, I had woken up, just to find out that I wasn't who I thought I was for the past year. I was a princess to the Vampire World. The mansion threw me a welcoming party, and that's where I found Kade. At first he was mad at me, but then we came to an agreement... we would live the night like how they used to be. He took me to the restaurant, and after that we came back to his house," I sat back down on the couch. Mason took a seat next to me, "we ended up having sex, and then took a shower," my face heated up, probably turning a crimson color, "While in the shower, his rogue came out, and I managed to suppress it, but I passed out. We went to the hospital, and then back to his house where I fell asleep in his arms... I woke up in a cold room, alone. I went to Rogue practice, and found out he had been with Vicky since two days after I fell asleep. He said he loved me...but now I realize it was all a lie. He just wanted sex from me. He never even cared," my voice faded towards the end. 

 Mason brushed a strand of hair from my face and tucked it behind my ear. I looked up into his intense green eyes, "Saige, I know how my cousin is, and just by the way he looked at you lastnight, I could tell he was in love with you. He truly does care, he just hasn't learned how to really show his emotions yet. Most guys have problems showing emotions, even I do. But listen, like I said earlier, he's dangerous to be around right now. Give it about a week or so and he should be okay," he said standing up. He reached down for my hands, and I grabbed them, letting him help me up. "If you need anything...anything at all, just call me or stop by," he whispered. I nodded and headed towards the door. I'll definitely be needing his help in the near future.