Chapter 19:M.I.A. ...Their lose...his chance

Chapter 19

*Saige's POV*

Beep beep beep beep

I was awaken by the constant sound of beeping. My eyes fluttered open. Through blurred vision, I scanned the bland room. I quickly shot up. How'd I get here? I searched my mind, trying to remember how, but all I could remember was coming home, after that...my mind was blank.

Kade rounded the corner, his eyes widening when he looked at me, "You're up," he ran to my bed side, embracing me in a hug. I gasped for air.

"Kade...you're crushing me," I said breathlessly. He pulled back, sending me a sheepish smile, then it slowly turned into a glare. I tilted my head to the side, sending him a questioning look, "What?"

"Don't ever scare me like that Saige. I thought you were dead. Why'd you do it," he asked through clenched teeth.

"What," I questioned. My eyes widened as memories flooded my mind. The whispers, the vodka, the pills...my baby. I placed my hand on my stomach, "Kade. The baby," my eyes shot up to his, I looked around frantically, "Call the nurse...something...anything," I panicked. Kade froze, looking at me wide eyed. He spun around and ran out the door.

About a minute later, he appeared with a nurse. She held the same frantic expression as she ran over to me, and began to detach some needles and wires from me. "How had I not known," she muttered to herself. "Kade, can you pick her up and follow me," she asked. He nodded and picked me up bridal style. She ran out the door in vampire speed, while Kade followed closely behind. She stopped in front of a door, she swung it open and I immediately recognized it. There were posters of the pregnancy cycle on the wall. Kade placed me down in the chair, and the doctor adjusted it. She closed the door, and walked back over, lifting my shirt up to my bra line. She placed a gel on my stomach. She placed a device on my stomach, which I believe was a heart monitor.

Suspense built up as we listened for the sound.

There was....

nothing...

nothing at all.

"Saige," the nurse whispered. Tears built up, threatening to fall any second, as I waited for the bad news. "I'm sorry," she continued, "but I'm afraid your baby is-" I got up, and ran out the door before she could finish. I rounded the corner, and felt myself being yanked back. I was pulled into someone's chest. Tears spilled out of my eyes as I stood there in his arms.

"I'm sorry. I  don't know what I was doing," I sobbed.

"Shh. It's okay," he cooed, placing his head on top of mine, holding me tighter. For a slight second I felt like I never wanted to leave his arms. I wanted to stay there forever.

"Saige!" My heart stopped as I heard the familiar voice.

"Saige," a voice called from another direction. I sighed in relief. Pulling away from Kade, I walked over to the nurse, ignoring the fact that Ryder was right behind me. "Saige. We need to get you into surgery as soon as possible. We still need to get the baby out. It will kill you if it decomposes in your body," she whispered. Ouch. Way to sugar coat it. I nodded, and followed her to a room. As I was about to enter, I glanced down the hall. Ryder stood there, looking at me in pure horror. Shit. He must have heard. I sighed and continued to walk into the room.

*Three days later*

I lay there staring at the ceiling, ignoring the constant knocking on my door. It's unlocked...they can just walk in. As if reading my mind, the door creaked open. "Saige," he whispered. I might have been okay, if it were anyone else but him.